I have a Samsung TV plasma and the sound from my PC through…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung TV...
I have a Samsung TV plasma and the sound from my PC through the HDMI won't work. I even tried to hook up from laptop to speaker inputs on the TV and it still doesn't work. Any help here?... Read full answer
I have a Samsung TV plasma and the sound from my PC through the HDMI won't work. I even tried to hook up from laptop to speaker inputs on the TV and it still doesn't work. Any help here?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Computer
6/3/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Brandon M., Information Systems Manager replied 10 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Information Systems Manager

What is your operating system? Also, is this a laptop or desktop PC we're talking about that you want the TV to work with?

Let me know!

-Brandon
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am trying to connect my laptop to my TV (Panasonic Viera -
I am trying to connect my laptop to my TV (Panasonic Viera - Plasma TV). I am connecting it using a cable with one end as HDMI and other end as VGI. Getting a blank screen on the TV. Changed the Input… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
I want to connect the video only from my Gateway NV59 laptop
I want to connect the video only from my Gateway NV59 laptop to my LGTV, and connect my audio through my sound board. The reason is to use it for Karaoke… read more
Network Engineering Diploma
Dear Toshiba tech guru ... I want to connect my Toshiba Satellite
Dear Toshiba tech guru ... I want to connect my Toshiba Satellite Pro L630 (purchased in New Zealand) to a Sony Flatscreen TV via HDMI cable. The hook up allows me to get the DVD picture from my compu… read more
Leon Russell
Leon Russell
ITS Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Samsung LN-S2641-D (tv) trying to hook up Sony DAV-TZ140 home theatre system by HDMI2 on T
Samsung LN-S2641-D (tv) trying to hook up Sony DAV-TZ140 home theatre system by HDMI2 on TV to HDMI on system.… read more
The A+ PCTech
The A+ PCTech
Ticket To Work Program,
I have a Toshiba laptop that I have hooked up to a Toshiba
I have a Toshiba laptop that I have hooked up to a Toshiba TV and the audio from the laptop is not being played on the TV speakers. I have the audio cable going from the laptop to the TV but I get no … read more
Nalosin
Nalosin
Computer Support Specialist,
I am trying to connect a laptop to a Panasonic Viera TC-P42U2
I am trying to connect a laptop to a Panasonic Viera TC-P42U2 plasma TV. The TV has 3 HDMI slots. I am using a VGA to HDMI converter box and I have a VGA and audio cables connected to the box. I have … read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi - Im trying to hook up my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6003
Hi - I'm trying to hook up my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6003 to a Samsung plasma tv (2011 model) using an HDMI to HDMI cable... HDMI utility on the Toshiba (latest version) says that the "TV doesn't sup… read more
Thomas
Thomas
IT Specialist,
I hooked my computer up to my cable box by the HDMI connection.
I hooked my computer up to my cable box by the HDMI connection. I couldn't get Windows Media live TV to recognize the signal. I tried doing it by hand and I couldn't get it to work. I tried different … read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
Hi I have a Sony new F series laptop with HDMI out that I connected
Hi I have a Sony new F series laptop with HDMI out that I connected to the Samsung monitor via HDMI. I removed the monitor cable. For some reason, the speakers and amplifier Z64 wont receive sound. It… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
How do I use external speakers with my Toshiba Laptop Model
How do I use external speakers with my Toshiba Laptop Model No PSAF6A-06S0IN. I want the laptop to play DivxD movies on my new Panasonic Viera Plasma TV, using a HDMI cable I get a brilliant picture b… read more
Senior Engineer,
I bought a new hp pavilionp6740f and used a dvi converted to
I bought a new hp pavilionp6740f and used a dvi converted to a hdmi and hooked it up to my tv.Great picture but no sound. I tried using the head phone jack and I get sound though head phones but could… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
I have a Sony living system computer running Windows 7 that
I have a Sony 'living system' computer running Windows 7 that hooks up to a Samsung LCD tv. When I changed the hookup to an hdmi cable from the computer to the tv, I stopped getting sound from the tv … read more
JMU 1998
JMU 1998
IT Consulting,
Stop searching for answers—
OK.....I hooked a hdmi to my video card output in my new Asus
OK.....I hooked a hdmi to my video card output in my new Asus computer and the other end to my HD tv, and then bought an itune movie (I have widows 7 64 bit). I got picture on my HD tv but the sound o… read more
Ed
Ed
Repair Shop Owner,
I have a compaq f500 laptop and have managed to get the images
I have a compaq f500 laptop and have managed to get the images on the lcd tv using a 15 pin vga cable from the laptop to the tv...however, sound is another issue. I cannot seem to work this out. I hav… read more
snow2019
snow2019
I have an acer Travelmate5730 with Windows XP. I am trying
I have an acer Travelmate5730 with Windows XP. I am trying to connnect it to my Panasonic Plasma TV. I can get the video, but no audio on hte TV only through the computer. I am using HDMI and I have t… read more
CIO,
what do I need to capture a tv program on my computers hard
what do I need to capture a tv program on my computer's hard drive and then play it back on my big screen tv?… read more
Does the Mac Mini (2009) video port support any audio output.
Does the Mac Mini (2009) video port support any audio output. I have a Mini hooked to a Panasonic 42" Viera Plasma screen, and the only audio I hear is through the Mini speaker only. I have a display/… read more
CIO,
How do i hook up the HD box to the receiver When I hook it
How do i hook up the HD box to the receiver? When I hook it up using HD cables "Audio Only" appears on the TV screen and only sound comes through the speakers but no picture on the TV.… read more
Riccie Burr
Riccie Burr