I have an EPSON Stylus CX7800 printer. The printing is blurred.

Customer Question
It's like the printing is...
I have an EPSON Stylus CX7800 printer. The printing is blurred. It's like the printing is double. How can this be corrected?

ePSON
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
5/26/2009
Tech Support Specialist: mary, Consultant replied 8 years ago
mary
mary, Consultant
Hi
Follow these steps to print the nozzle check:
  1. Make sure the Epson Stylus CX7800 is turned on but not printing.

2. Load a few sheets of letter-size plain paper.

3. Press the Setup/Utilities button.

4. Press the or Photo/Options button to select Check Ink Nozzles.
  5. Press the Start button.
  6. Shown below are some examples of what the nozzle check may look like.

Nozzle check pattern with no gaps

Nozzle check pattern with gaps

Which best describes the nozzle check?
It has no gaps and no missing sections
It has gaps
Sections are missing
The page is blank
or None of the above

It has no gaps and no missing sections

Follow these steps to adjust your software settings:
  1. Open your application program.

2. From the File menu, click Print. A Print window appears.

3. Make sure EPSON Stylus CX7800 Series is selected.

4. Click the Preferences or Properties button. (If you see a Setup, Printer, or Options button, click it. Then click Preferences or Properties on the next screen.)

5. A printer properties or preferences window appears.

6. Select the type of document you're printing for the Quality Option setting.

7. If you're printing borderfree photos, click the Borderless checkbox.

8. Make sure you've selected the paper type and size you're using for the Type and Size settings in the Paper Options section.

9. Click the Advanced button. The Basic settings change to the Advanced settings.

10. Make sure the High Speed option is not selected in the Print Options section.

11. Make sure the Black Ink Only option is not selected in the Print Options section if you're printing a color or black and white photograph.

12. Select ICM in the Color Management section if you're trying to precisely match on-screen colors.

Follow the steps below to feed a sheet of paper through your Stylus CX.

1. Remove any documents or photos from the scanner glass.

2. Make sure letter-size paper is loaded in the sheet feeder.

3. Note:
    Use plain paper so you don't waste any special ink jet paper.

4. Press the Copy mode button.

5. Press the paper type button to select Plain Paper.

6. Press the paper size button to select Letter.

7. Press the Start button to feed a sheet of paper through the Stylus CX and then eject it.
If that too doesnt fix try this

Follow these steps to align the print head:

3. Right-click the printer icon on your taskbar (in the lower right corner of your screen). Select Print Head Alignment.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen to print a vertical alignment sheet. You see a window like this one:

5. Look at the four sets of patterns in your printout. For each set, if you see a pattern with no visible vertical lines, enter its number in the corresponding box on the screen and click Next.

If you can't find an aligned pattern, choose the one that's closest to being aligned. Click Realignment and then Print to print another alignment sheet and repeat this step.

6. Click Print to print a black horizontal alignment sheet. After it's printed, you see a window like this one:

7. Look at the printout and select the pattern with no gap or line between the rectangles. Enter the number for that pattern in the box on the screen and click Next.

If you can't find an aligned pattern, choose the one that looks the best. Then click Realignment to print another alignment sheet and repeat this step.

8. Click Print to print a color horizontal alignment sheet. After it's printed, you see a window like this one:

9. Look at the printout and find the pattern with no gap or line between the rectangles and enter its number in the box on the screen.

10. Click Finish to close the Print Head Alignment Utility.

If not then try

How to reconnect or reconfigure your cabling:
  • If you're using a single USB cable to connect your printer to your computer, simply disconnect and reconnect the printer cable at both ends.

• If you're using more than one USB cable to connect your printer to your computer (because you're using a hub, for example), disconnect and reconnect each end of each cable that forms the connection between your printer and computer. If that doesn't help, connect your printer directly to your computer using a single USB cable.

• Connect the USB cable to another USB port on your computer.

• Use a different USB cable.
My question has not been answered. I am taking my printer a repair man to see if he can fix it
have you tried the steps which i gave ?
mary
mary
mary, Consultant