Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Hi. My Satellite Pro a120 is displaying ALERT System protection

Hi. My Satellite Pro a120 is displaying ALERT: System protection failure! Password =        Please can you tell me what this means. Many thanks. Becky
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
This is a very common problem of toshiba it suddenly locks up itself and I down think that you have set any BIOS or HDD password XXXXX get the master password you have to contact your nearest dealer or service center of toshiba.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. I've recently been having problems with the power supply and have replaced both the battery and the power adapter a few weeks ago. Since then, it has been having problems charging. Is there any possibly that this could have caused the problem? Many thanks, Becky
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
No there is no relation between them the charging problem amy be caused due to fault in the m/b power section.