abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

how do I get rid of doubleclick.net from affecting my computer

Customer Question

how do I get rid of doubleclick.net from affecting my computer? I have updated antivirus and anti-spyware software, but it doesn't seem to affect it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 8 years ago.

Could you tell some of the adverse effects its is having on your system, that way we will be best assist you to figure out what is it, a spyware, trojan etc ?

Do yoy hear double clicks whenever you go to a page, and the page automaticaly goes/changes to some other page ?

Abhi
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
after I log on to my home page, almost immediately (and many times before I click anything), I am being re-routed to a Gateway page that says something like "we couldn't find doubleclick.adblahblahblah, so here's a list of other sites to pick. This will happen routinely during my time on-line, no matter what site I am on.
Hi there,

We can try the manual removal of this infection if you are comfortable with handling registry editing. For this visit the link here

If you are not comfortable with this :
Please follow these steps to remove this from the system :
1) Download and install the STOPzilla program from here
2) Run a scan using this installed program

This should get rid of the double click.

If it does not , visit this link, download the software and it will get rid of this virus.

If you still have problems, we will try manual removal or use other spywares.

Abhi
Hi there, were you able to succesfully follow the instructions I gave, Please let me know so that we can try other methods to remove this .