My Canon PIXMA MP530 printer has a piece of paper stuck in…

My Canon PIXMA MP530 printer...
My Canon PIXMA MP530 printer has a piece of paper stuck in it and it will not print. I have followed the instructions in the User's Guide and they haven't solved the problem. What do I do now?
4/16/2009
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Can you see the piece of paper?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
No, I cannot see the 1/3 sheet of torn paper in the printer.
Ok if you have an envolope or index card please do the following with the machine turned off. There are a few different ways so this post may be long.

1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove the jammed paper slowly using the following procedure.

3. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

4. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

5. Stand the printer with the rear side down, holding the document cover.

6. Press the tabs together and pull the green cover toward you.

7. Check if the paper is jammed.
    (If you were not doing Duplex printing, you do not have to follow this procedure.)

8. Close the green cover and place the printer back to a normal position.

9. Reconnect the power cord and power on the printer. Confirm the Alarm light is off.

10. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

11. Press <OK> to clear the message and continue printing. If you are printing from an application software, follow the instructions displayed on your computer.

7. Check if the paper is jammed.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Load the same paper type that is jammed inside the printer in portrait orientation.

3. Power on the printer.
    The paper stock in the ASF will automatically feed the jammed paper from the printer.

4. To resume printing, load the paper in portrait orientation.

If 4" x 6" sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the cassette and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Open the rear cover.

3. Fold in four a piece of letter-sized plain paper.

4. Push in the folded paper until it hits the jammed paper.

5. If the jammed paper is visible from inside the printer area, pull it out and proceed to step 7.

6. If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out, push in the folder paper from the rear so the jammed paper is in between the feed rollers.

7. Pull out the folded paper and close the rear cover.

8. Power on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off.
    The jammed paper should automatically eject.

9. To resume printing, load the paper in portrait orientation.

1. Power off the printer.

2. Remove paper from the (ASF).

3. Look in the ASF area for an obstruction. If there is any foreign material (such as a piece of metal or pen) inside the printer, after turning the printer off and removing the power cord from the outlet, remove the foreign material by hand, or with tweezers.

4. Open the scanning unit (printer cover) and confirm that there is no foreign material in the printer. If there is any foreign material, remove it.

Note:
    Avoid touching inner parts.

5. Close the scanning unit (printer cover).

Note:
    When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam your finger.

6. Power on the printer and confirm that the printer operates normally.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
I removed several small pieces of paper from behind the cassette area, turned the printer on, pressed ok. The printer started one sheet , 81/2 by 11, which jammed. I pulled it out. The printer then took another sheet of paper which came through ok. Apparently, it is working ok now. I will attempt printing to see if it is working correctly now.
The printer seems to be working ok now. Thanks. XXXXX
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist