Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I would like to use an external microphone in my new acer aspire

Customer Question

I would like to use an external microphone in my new acer aspire 8.9 screen size    What do I need to accomplish this. I run a small low power radio station and have used this computer to do interviews.   But without the external mic it has more background noise than I want.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Is there a microphone jack on the machine itself?
Are there any empty slots you can put a laptop card into?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It has a jack for a microphone but does not work with the microphone I have and I put an adapter to bring it down to the correct size.

Will a usb microphone work with this computer It does have slots for card but I assume they are for camera cards.

Be out of pocket for a while Have to go to a meeting Thanks Myra 122
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 years ago.
Ok that's no problem. A usb microphone should work. Otherwise you will have to install a new sound card. Here is one so you can tell whether or not you have a slot available for one: Click Here

If you do not and need a sound card there are also USB sound cards that you can install in order to use the microphone. Once you have the microphone you need recording software or voice recognition software for it to work correctly.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
I wanted to know if you still required help with this issue.