Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

My Acer webcam camera is not working. I have an Aspire 5220

My Acer webcam camera is not working. I have an Aspire 5220 that I've had for a year now and have never tried to use the webcam feature.   When I click on the webcam shortcut I get an alert notice that says the the camera is not found. I just installed the latest driver and it still doesn't work. Checking the device manager file, under imaging devices it says that the Acer Webcam is working properly. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
What is the exact error messages that you get??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When double clicking on the webcam shortcut or selecting the webcam from the programs list, a box opens on my desktop titled Acer Crystal webcam and it states simply "camera not found" there is also a yellow triangle with an exclaimation point in it in front of the words.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's almot 11 am pacifc time I have a meeting I must attend. Will be back in about 4 hours, I'll leave the computer on and this page active.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
Ok
I will post a solution for you...........
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
Hi one thing I want to know that is your Vista is 32 or 64 Bit ??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi i'm back, sorry for the delay. My system is 32 bit
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
Please download the application named "(Suyin_app)_Acer Crystal Eye webcam V1.0.10_XP_Vista.zip" from the link below unzip the file remove your current installed application if any restart the PC and install the downloaded application .

http://tinyurl.com/d5jltr

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Didn't work. Tried 3 times. Still shows camera not found.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
This solution is littlebit peculiar but it works sometime

Just remove all pictures from PICTURES folder and try agian
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
excuse me??? how does that help? where do I put them. I've too many pictures to dump onto a CD
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.
You can copy the pictures from the PICTURE folder to another drive or make a new folder on desktop and move the pictures to that folder if this doesnot help then you can just move the pictures to there original location.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well, the "Acer Webcam" still isn't working.... But I set up "Skype" and the camera built into the computer top works fine with that program, which accomplishes what I wanted to do in the first place. So, thanks for the attempt. We'll call it a success by working around the other way. I'll now push the "accept" button. Thanks for your time.