I have just installed new cartridges into my canon pixma ip6600d…

I have just installed new...
I have just installed new cartridges into my canon pixma ip6600d and I now receive error code 6502. How do I sort?
3/4/2009
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
This error code indicates the following

Ink tank position sensor None of the ink tank position is detected.
- Platen unit (QM2-2313)

error [6502]
I found this information from the user manual located online.

What it doesn't tell me is how to sort/reset it so I can continue using my printer.

My question is how to sort it - not what it is.
Please try the following

1, With the printer unplug, remove the ink cart to the right ,

2,Plug in the printer ,Press the POWER button, Do not release the POWER button ,and then press the RESUME button twice in succession .Now release the POWER button ,press the RESUME button 4 times .

3,The beeper may sound once ,Then With the printer unplug ,after that reset the printer electronics ,open the printer and this process is finished.nics ,open the printer and this process is finished.

Thank you for copying answers already posted on other forums. This answer I also found on the net at http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/626011-error-code-canon-pixma-ip4300.html and mine also does nothing. This is why I am asking "experts" rather than forums. Just incase you come up with this fix found at http://www.fixya.com/support/t1612920-canon_pixma_mp500_error_code_6502 this doesn't work either.

Any real answers as to how I can sort/reset the code to continue printing or am I wasting my time here?

Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Are you refilling ink tanks? DId you get new cartridges?
New tanks, complete with chips
Did you clean the contacts with a cue tip? Canon is reporting that is is a service center code. Probably not worth getting it sent to them.
If you put the old cartridges back does is still error?
Old cartridges still give same error
There are 4 sensors on that units cartridge carrier. The only thing that I have seen that works SOMETIMES is to unplug the unit and remove the cartridges. Power the unit back on. It may ask or tell you that there are no cartridges installed and to install them. When the unit is powered up regardless of the error, press the power button to shut it off and install the ink cartridges again. Then power it back on.
Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Thankyou. My printer is now back online and printing again.