I just installed the internet on my 7 year old sons computer…

Customer Question
I just installed the internet...
I just installed the internet on my 7 year old son's computer and want to know how to limit the internet to only appropriate contents so he doesn't go on naughty websites by accident. How do I do it?... Read full answer
I just installed the internet on my 7 year old son's computer and want to know how to limit the internet to only appropriate contents so he doesn't go on naughty websites by accident. How do I do it?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Computer
3/1/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Simit, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 years ago
Simit
Simit, Computer Hardware Engineer
There's not way to do that with just Internet Explorer 7. You will need a third party software. Here's a website that compares 4 of the more popular software that does this:

http://www.consumersearch.com/parental-control-software

Of course, if you have Windows Vista, you can try to use the built in parental controls by following the steps at this website:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial139.html

Simit
Simit, Computer Hardware Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am immensely concerned - I just noticed an email sent to
Hi, I am immensely concerned - I just noticed an email sent to me on November 10th with the subject "Security alert for your linked Google account". The message states "Your Google Account has been de… read more
It Support Specialist,
I'd like to set up an account for a child where they cannot
I'd like to set up an account for a child where they cannot get into any parts of the computer or websites. Looking for a hopefully free way to do this. … read more
IT Manager,
My website wont open to viewers. I can get in to edit it but
My website won't open to viewers. I can get in to edit it but it isn't available to viewers. www.workshopsitalia.com. My son opened it, but I maintain it - I don't know if he forgot to pay this year o… read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
Stop searching for answers—
My son can see me clearly but the pictures from his end are
My son can see me clearly but the pictures from his end are pixilated. I think he said he was using an IPad but I might have misunderstood him.… read more
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts
I blocked some online games sites using the routers firewall.
I blocked some online games sites using the router's firewall. My son bypasses the blockage by going through some 'proxy' sites that are designed to defeat firewall filtering. What can I do, other tha… read more
ChrisC
ChrisC
PC Technician,
We have several computers. My older son has his own computer
We have several computers. My older son has his own computer in his room. Often he is too much on his computer and no longer makes super grades as he used to. Is there a way I can from my room--limit … read more
Managing Director,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
how do I block sex and pornorgraphy on my home computer I have
how do I block sex and pornorgraphy on my home computer I have small children visiting in my home frequently and my husband uses these sites often? He has been doinging this for apprx. two years or mo… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
My son 14 year old son Rakesh has changed his password on
My son 14 year old son Rakesh has changed his password XXXXX his [email protected] How can I access this… read more
Support Technician,
I have several notepad computers and want to restrict access
I have several notepad computers and want to restrict access to inappropriate content for my daughters. On the notepad using Windows XP, I turned the content advisor on and set the password XXXXX my d… read more
Bob
Bob
How do i shut down my sons face book. he is engaging in abu
How do i shut down my son's face book. he is engaging in abusive behavior and i would like to turn this ability off. This abbusse does not rise to the leve ocf illegal or criminal. simplay poor taste … read more
Network & System Administrator,
Hi, Just found some disturbing websites in my history(about
Hi, Just found some disturbing websites in my history(about 6) researching how 2 get pregnant FAST, how 2 have a girl, tips on how 2 get pregnant using 4 quick tips, etc. Someone has done some extensi… read more
Danh
Danh
I have Aol parental controls set up but now my son is using
I have Aol parental controls set up but now my son is using his Ipod Touch to access facebook and aol email account, places browsed. How can I continue monitoring activity? His computer at home is sep… read more
Computer Support Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
my son has an Iphone and a mac computer his phone is the first
my son has an Iphone and a mac computer his phone is the first iphone can he go yhrough the mac computer to make calls text or any other contacts? [email protected]… read more
Andy M
Andy M
My 12 year old son signed up for AIM and I do not want him
My 12 year old son signed up for AIM and I do not want him to have it. He signed up for it while at a friends house. He signed up for it via the www.meebo.com website but did not register with meebo; … read more
Jeffrey Flaker
Jeffrey Flaker
Senior Programmer/Analyst,
Working toward my BS in Computer Sc
If mpv.web.aol.com isnt a real site, how did my 13 year old
If mpv.web.aol.com isn't a real site, how did my 13 year old son visit it 30 times in one day? I get a parental report from AOL. I'd like to know what this site is b4 I speak to him about it. I always… read more
Michael Ritter
Michael Ritter
pursuing degree
I found a movie file on our home computer and my ...
I found a pornographic movie on our home computer and my son says he got it off an e-mail. He knows his computers so he deleted the temporary internet files, cookies, and history. I have the file on t… read more
RobertDavis
RobertDavis
Data Architect / DBA,
I need an animation program for my fifteen year old ...
I need an animation program for my fifteen year old son. I have searched hours on the internet but have only found really hard ones. My son wants to make videos in a quick and easy way. He wants to be… read more
Mr. Hollerith
Mr. Hollerith
My 11 year old son has a computer and he accidently ...
My 11 year old son has a computer and he accidently deleted Grandpa's addministrators password XXXXX then put another one in and then he hasn't used his computer in a few months and can't remember wha… read more
Lev
Lev
Retired,
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent