Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I am stuck in Safe Mode I am running windows xp. (not sure

I am stuck in "Safe Mode" I am running windows xp. (not sure if it is home or pro, but it is matters let me know) I went to safe mode to do some maintenance and now I can't remember how to get out. I have re-booooooted. It ask if i want safe mode yes or no. I click no and it says "restore can not help you now please re-boot" I usually would just to to "run" and msconfig again. But the fonts are so large that "run" is not displayed so i can't get back to were i started this problem to change the setting. I have shut-down, un-pluged, went to "display-view- to change font size(it is "normal", the smallest setting) I hope and think there is a simple solution. This happened on the same computer several years ago and I think I needed my "Administrator" password. This pc had not been used for almost a year and i don't remember the Admin. log-in.

Please do this

• Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
  • On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
  • Select or clear the available settings.(SAFE BOOTING)
  • Click OK.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    thanks. i hope i made clear the fonts are too large. click on "run" is not possible. it does not show on the screen. please read my question and what i tried carefully.

Ok Please Press Windows Key+R it will bring up the RUN window

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    That is part of the battle but, "This happened on the same computer several years ago and I think I needed my "Administrator" password. This pc had not been used for almost a year and i don't remember the Admin. log-in. "

Ok Please do this

At logon screen Hold down the Ctrl and Alt key together and press DEL key twice a window will appear delete the username and type "Administrator" in the username field and hit enter.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    That's the ticket. I have not had time to try it yet but I am sure you are telling me what I needed. thx