I want to move My Pictures from C drive to D drive so I will

I want to move My...
I want to move My Pictures from C: drive to D: drive so I will have more space on my C: drive.
2/15/2009
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist

So you have a number of pictures saved in My Pictures, and you like to move it to D drive.

If so then first please let me know the number of drives you have under My Computer.

Pretty sure I have only two drives - the C and the D. I checked and My Computer shows a C drive and a back-up D drive.
The easiest way is to right click on My Pictures, select Cut, open D drive, right click and select Paste.

But the safest way to move your pictures is to :

First copy the My Pictures folder from C drive to D.

Now open the My Pictures folder on your C drive, and remove the pictures by selecting and deleting them.

The reason behind this is, some programs use the My Pictures folder as default folder for saving pictures. If you move it, they might not work properly.

I know how to copy pictures. I DON'T know how to copy them from the C drive to D.

I've copied pictures within C but never from C to D. This is what I need help with. Sorry

Please let me know if the D drive is you CD/DVD drive .
I don't think so - it's listed under My Computer as a hard drive, right beside the C drive

I replied before, but here you go. the D drive is hard disk shown in My computer beside the C drive. My CD/DVD drive is E:

Does this answer your question?

Okay.

Then try this :

1 Click Start, locate My Pictures, Right click on it and select Copy.

2 Open My Computer, open D drive, Right click on an empty space, select Paste

It will copy the My Pictures folder to D drive.

If it does not help let me know

I will try it right now and get back to you.

sorry for my incompetence. BRB.

Please take your time and let me know how it goes ..

Sorry, I have too many folders and pictures to do this on a one-by-one basis.

I don't think this is the answer.

I want to be able to move a page of pictures at a time from C to D. This is why I asked the question. I'd be here all day and night otherwise.

Can I copy a page at a time and how> Sorry I'm so bad at this. I will pay you, that I promise.

You don't have to copy one by one.

Just right click on the My Pictures, select copy. Now open D drive, right click and select Paste.

It will copy the entire My Pictures folder including all the files you have in it to D drive.

Once every thing is copied, open My Pictures again (the one which is in C drive)

Press Ctrl + A ( or click Edit -> Select All), press Del.

It will delete all items under My Pictures.

Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
I think I got it now - what an idiot I am. Thank you for the info.

Thanks for using JustAnswer

-Santonu

Santonu
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist