I am getting an error message Windows cannot find (null).

Customer Question
I am getting an error...
I am getting an error message "Windows cannot find '(null)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, & then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, & then click search. What instructions do I follow to do repair and recovery of internet files?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
2/15/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 9 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-From when you are facing this problem?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

My operating system is Windows XP Home Editon.

This problem happens when I am using the Internet Express Browser.

You can restore it by your self byfollwing the steps:-

Click-->Start Button-->Programmes-->Accesories-->System tools-->System Restore after selecting it a window will be open click next and then select a date from the calender in or before which it was fine after that click next and follow the instruction the pc will restart once and check the problem is gone or not and let me know.

I tried that with three different attempts with 3 different dates and the problem did not go away.

Another piece of information for you. This error message happens when you go to favorites and click on a site.

What is the version IE do you use??
Version 6.0 Sp3

I am giving you the link below from that you will get step by step instruction on how to remove this problem if your problem is not solved then please download Internet Explorer 7 from this LINK (dont download IE8)uninstall IE6 restart the PC and install the IE7 but before that make backup of your favorites links.I think this will solve your problem.

LINK

When I clicked on your link above, I got the error message that I originally wrote to you about earlier.

Ok,

I am giving the links below please copy the links and paste it in your IE's address bar

LINK 1

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

IE 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Sudipto, Hardware Engineer