Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

why is my printer printing so small i cant read it

Customer Question

why is my printer printing so small i cant read it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.

All the printout is small or for some particular programs

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The print is too small to read. Is there a way to requesr larger print? I just click on the print icon and it comes out too small to read.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.

Please unistall the printer program restart the pc and again install the program,and let me know what happen

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

The print size of the text printed doesn't depend on the printer itself, but on the application the printer takes the text from; could you specify in which program do you click on the print icon, after which the text comes out in small print?

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 years ago.

Please accept my apologies for the other experts interruption.Please let me know what happen so that we can proceed

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i click on the icon in the yahoo tool bar. i do not specify any font size, it just comes out small. is there a way to make the print laarger. ms granny please reply
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
No problem ..could you specify which Internet browser you are using, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc., so that I can follow up further?

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
time warner road runner and outlook express for e-mail ms granny
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I'm afraid that was not the info I needed, what's the name of the application in which the Yahoo! toolbar, which you mentioned earlier is present? It should given at the top of the window ..is it Windows Internet Explorer, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes--it is windows internet explorer--sorry ms granny
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
In order to try and resolve the issue you are having with the print size, please carry out the following steps in Internet Explorer,
1) Go to View > Text Size, and select 'Medium' or higher, if not already selected.
2) Next, go to Tools > Internet Options, under the 'General' tab, click on the 'Accessibility' option present at the bottom, then check the 'Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages' option accordingly.
3) Now, go to File > Print Preview, then select the 'Shrink to Fit' option at the top of the window that comes up.
Done that, try printing the webpages you want to, now, and check how it goes for you.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks-- i may not go blind now trying to read all the papers I print. you are wonderful and im sure you are a genius. ms granny
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
You flatter me ;) Please click on the 'Accept' button if you found my service helpful ..thanks for using JustAnswer!

Regards