avreceivertech
avreceivertech,
14078349

How do I scan a page into PDF I have a Brother MFC 560CN

How do I scan a page into PDF? I have a Brother MFC 560CN printer and Ii have Adobe 8 on my Dell Inspiron E1505. Everything goes thru to my pictures as a TIFF or JPEG. Very annoying. Many thanks. Illona.
Category: Computer
Expert:  avreceivertech replied 8 years ago.

Hi, Illona, can you verify the model number for me?

Thanks,

Paul

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ooops! It is a Brother MFC 5460 C. Thanks Paul.

Great, thats what I thought. I already know the answer then. Can you please give me some time as I am helping someone else at the moment?

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. I do not normally make personal comments, but I just have to say your name is XXXXX XXXXX as you may know. My sisters name isXXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My mad Irish mother dropped an extra L in which has caused me some interesting incidents with the name. My Swedish father chose it. But I love it. As you say, not common in this country. How did your sister come by the name? Also, no rush with the PDF info - whenever you have a minute.

Hello ,sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Not sure how my parents chose the name but my mother was Irish as well.

There are many settings on this unit so I will list what I think will be the easiest way. Place the document on the scanner bed. Press the scan button. Use the up/down keys to select scan to file. Press OK, then press black start or color start depending what you want. Now the key here is the , file type and specific folder is based on the settings that are in the Control Centers configuration menu, and the default is not PDF. You need to start the Control Center application first, go to the configuration menu, and select scan, click on scan to file. Select the options from the drop down boxes that you want. You can customize each of the four functions ie Image, OCR, E-MAIL, Scan to File.

For more specifics on this you have to reefer to the software user guide not the user manual for the scanner. Hope this information helps. If I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please click accept and as always feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,

Paul