How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven Your Own Question
Steven, Computer Hardware Engineer
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 44
Experience:  MCSE, A+, Qualified EPOS engineer, Server engineer, Python Programmer, 8 years of experience
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Steven is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why cant I restore my windows XP to an earlier date

Resolved Question:

Why can't I restore my windows XP to an earlier date
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steven replied 8 years ago.



There is a chance that your system restore points could be corrupt, but there is something you can try:


Method 5: Boot in safe mode and run the System Restore tool

To boot in safe mode follow these steps:

1.Restart the computer. Immediately after the screen goes blank for the first time, or after the BIOS post ends, start taping the F8 key repeatedly. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

If the menu does not appear, restart the computer and try again.
2.Select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER. As files load they will scroll down the screen.

Note Safe mode uses a minimal set of device drivers and services to start Windows. The default Microsoft VGA driver is used for display at 640 X480 resolution and in 16 colors.
3.Log on to the Administrator account. If a password XXXXX never set, leave the password XXXXX and press ENTER or click the green arrow.
4.Click No in the safe mode information screen to start System Restore.
5.Select Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next to proceed to select a date with restore points available.
6.Click Next to begin restoring the system to a previous state.


Have a go of this and let me know if it solves your problem,


Kind regards



Steven and other Computer Specialists are ready to help you

Related Computer Questions