D.A.(Tony) Stewart
D.A.(Tony) Stewart, Professional Engineer (Electronics)
Experience:  BSc EE 1975 computing experience since 1970. Fixed thousand of PC's that run slow or erratic
11202869

I am suddenly getting the following error message in ...

I am suddenly getting the following error message in Outlook 2007: Task ‘[email protected] – Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A): ‘Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'
Category: Computer
Expert:  D.A.(Tony) Stewart replied 9 years ago.
1st step> Run System Restore back to when it worked ok.
2nd trial and error>
Looks like a corrupt or a very large file attachment on the mailserver or the attachment is encrypted with a non-compatible encryption method... contact the mail sender by web-server mail and browser and ask them what they used for Encyption type.
.
THese are some options.graphic
Let me know how it works.
Was it an experiment or top security work or what?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi Tony: I received mail fine this morning so I restored to about 1pm yesterday. No help. I went into my ISP account and checked for mail but it was showing no new mail in all accounts (5). I sent myself a test email from my yahoo account and it arrived in my account but does not download to Outlook - either automatically or using the send/receive button. My son has an email address under the same account and he is receiving just fine. Perhaps this indicates that this is some problem with my outlook program? Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Warren
  1. It could be you accept a firewall prompt to block Outlook?? not likely...
  2. It could be that your Outlook PST file is too big ( 2GB max) not likely??
  3. if so.... Outlook>>FIle > File Mangement> Open Folder>>> view>Details (verify file size of PST)
  4. If not luck> THEN PLEASE start a troubleshooting log and try try fetch mail then stop log then fetch log and paste the log results here...
  1. Outlook> Tools> Options>>OTHER>advanced Options.>[x]Enable Mail logging [ok][ok] Exit and restart Outlook.
  2. then attempt the failed email actions
  3. After you have generated the error, make sure you uncheck Enable logging (troubleshooting)
  4. Then OPEN the log file and copy and paste here how to find the log.?...snip....
  5. Type "%temp%" (without the quotation marks).
  6. Click OK.
    • POP and SMTP:
      • Open the OPMLog.log file in the folder that opens.
    • IMAP:
      • Open the Outlook Logging folder.
      • Go to the folder named after your IMAP account.
      • Open the imap0.log, imap1.log etc. files.
    • Hotmail:
      • Open the Outlook Logging and then the Hotmail folder.
      • Open the http0.log, http1.log etc. files.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi Tony:
Sorry for delayed response. I was unavailable yesterday.
In my absence it appears that the problem has righted itself. My emails are downloading off the server once again.
Although our discussion wasn't used to clear the issue, I am still accepting your answer. I appreciate your efforts. Thanks much.