My Adobe/Acrobat Reader does not work. I used it for ...

My Adobe/Acrobat Reader does not...
My Adobe/Acrobat Reader does not work. I used it for pulling up old bank statements, but one day it just stopped working. I've tried to upgrade it, reinstall it, uninstall it, but it likes to give me the following message. "Adobe reader 8.8.2
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package
‘ReaderUpd811_all_incr.msp' in the box below."
Can you help me fix this?
4/16/2008
Rita
Rita, Network Administrator

HelloCustomer

My recommendation is to go into the Add/Remove Programs control panel and remove every instance of Adobe Reader that exists there.

Then lets use CCleaner to clean and remove the Acrobat installation. It will also clean any registry that might be in Windows Registry. www.ccleaner.com/

Once this complete lets go back and redownload Adobe and see if this corrects the problem.

In the meantime while we are troubleshooting this issue here is a simple solution would be to just use FoxIt2, a free, 3rd party replacement
for Adobe Reader:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

Rita
Rita, Network Administrator
add/remove did not work.
ccleaner.com recieved a critical error message during cleaning.
redownloading adobe led to the message listed originally.

Hello Luke,

Ok lets try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the previous installations,

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility description
Remove Windows Installer configuration information on failed installs

With the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information.

You may want to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program if you experience installation (Setup) problems.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

Reply to Rita's Post: OK I removed everything having to do with Adobe Reader. What now?

Ok,

Now that it is completely removed, lets try to reinstall a clean version of this from the link below, and see if it will install correctly

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html?promoid=BUIGO

We're back in business. Thank you Rita.
Rita
Rita
Rita, Network Administrator