do wireless routers store memory like computers

do wireless routers store memory...
do wireless routers store memory of where a user has been on the internet?
ShawnLam, Consultant
Hello,Customer

Wireless routers don't exactly store the history of the sites that have been visited. Consumer-based wireless routers generally have between 4MB and 32 MB of RAM, which is used for the operation of the router. Generally, if logging has been enabled (not difficult to do), you can view the last x number of sites, but the information presented can be a little cryptic. They don't generally store a large number of sites in the memory. Also, once the router has been rebooted, the visited sites are gone.

Most routers have the ability to send feed to a computer of all sites that have been accessed. The computer would have a logging program that would capture this data, and then save it in a file on your computer's hard drive. Of course, then you would need to learn how to read the data. Depending upon the manufacturer of the router, the data might have web addresses (as most people know them), or it might only save IP addresses and ports

If you would like assistance with accessing the logging feature of your router, please let me know the brand and model of your router. Also, some routers will also have a version number, which could be extremely helpful. For example, your router might be a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router. This shows the brand (Linksys), the model (WRT54G), and the version (v.4).

I hope that I have provided an acceptable answer to your question. If you would like further information regarding this topic, please feel free to let me know.
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant
My son returned a router that a friend had lent him and I was concerned that this friend could now view or know the sites that we visited while we were using it
Customer

Then the news is good. Once the router was unplugged, the sites were gone. I'm glad to know that the end result worked out well for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.
shawnlam
Thank you so much I'm greatly relieved!
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant