how do i set my computer back to an earlier date to get rid ...

Customer Question
how do i set my...
how do i set my computer back to an earlier date to get rid of some bugs i picked up downloading i have an hp pavilion 7955 desktop
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Computer
9/29/2007
Tech Support Specialist: ShawnLam, Consultant replied 10 years ago
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant
Hello,Customer

If the bugs to which you are referring are viruses or spyware, then performing a system restore may not get rid of them. However, if you are simply referring to some things that just aren't working correctly, here is the procedure that you should follow for Windows XP.

1) Close any programs that you may have open.

2) Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

3) Click "Restore my computer to an earlier time," and then click Next.

4) Different restore points will be listed by date. Click the date at which you think that the "bugs" will no longer be present. Don't go too far back, or some new programs that you have installed may no longer be available. If you need to restore at a point before some programs were installed, be prepared to reinstall those programs. Click Next.

5) After the computer restarts, verify that your system is working properly. You can undo the last restore by going back to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

I hope that my answer is satisfactory. If you need elaboration on anything above, please feel free to let me know.
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant
Relist: I still need help.
how do find out what time it was when i made my last good download of aol
how can i find the date and time of the last good download from aol it aolvr if i loose that i loose aol
Customer

There really isn't a way to tell, other than performing that particular system restore. If, by chance, you choose one that doesn't work correctly, you can go back and choose an even earlier restore point. System restore doesn't fix all bugs, but it can be a great tool.

If you try a restore point, and it does not provide you with the solution that you are seeking, you can Undo the restore. Then, try an earlier restore point. If that one is no good, undo it, too.

If you get to the point where you think restoring is not the solution, you may need to uninstall AOL, and then reinstall it. To do this, first download the new AOL installer from www.aol.com. Save it in a location that you can remember (the Desktop, for example). Click Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, click AOL, and then click Remove (at this point, consider shutting down and restarting Windows, which may be required, anyway). After removing it, go to the installation file, double-click it, and then reinstall the software.

I hope this helps.
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant
ShawnLam
ShawnLam
ShawnLam, Consultant