i have an ibm thinkpad r32 and i have no idea how to use ...

Customer Question
i have an ibm thinkpad...
i have an ibm thinkpad r32 and i have no idea how to use the keyboard i press wht i yink is the @ icon and something else comes up never used a laptop before can anyone help me... Read full answer
i have an ibm thinkpad r32 and i have no idea how to use the keyboard i press wht i yink is the @ icon and something else comes up never used a laptop before can anyone help me
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Computer
9/28/2007
Tech Support Specialist: John D, BS Degree in Engineering. replied 11 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.

Sounds like you need to change your keyboard setting from English US to English UK or vice versa.

What operating system are you running, and what is your country?

Reply to John D's Post: im inessex united kingdom i have changed it to english uk but its the icons there is 3 to a button that is whats confusing me i cant even get an @ sign
        nikki

Hi nikki,

Go to the Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Click on the Language tab, then click in the Details button. Under the 'Default input language' heading, click on the arrow to open the drop down list, and select 'English (UK) Then under the Installed services' heading, select English (UK), and click on UK under 'Keyboard'. If there is an American or Irish keyboards, delete the American and Irish. Click Apply. OK. And reboot your computer so that it will take effect.

Remember you must reboot for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a full screen and can't get any icons some how a full
I have a full screen and can't get any icons some how a full screen button must have been pressed. Before this happened everything going great. … read more
ChrisC
ChrisC
PC Technician,
Well I'm not really sure other than I'm trying to figure out
well I'm not really sure other than I'm trying to figure out why the camera is not working....When I'm in Google Hangouts and try a video call it tells me there is no camera available. I don't know wh… read more
IT Manager,
My Windows XP Thinkpad was infected, and badly. For a while,
My Windows XP Thinkpad was infected, and badly. For a while, upon boot I could only get a screen served by the virus. I was running virus protection, but it failed me. Now the machine will not boot --… read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I am helping a school clean up a donated IBM ThinkPad R40 running
I am helping a school clean up a donated IBM ThinkPad R40 running Windows 2000 Professional. The laptop is locked at the boot up screen. How do I or someone at the school get past this so the lap top … read more
Computer Technican,
I accidently pressed a key on the laptop (not with my knees,
I accidently pressed a key on the laptop (not with my knees, though I can't figure out how) so that the keyboard numbers are locked, ( the ones over the JKLMUIOP.) I have pressed the numbers lock key … read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
Is it possible to customise a Apple laptop with the track point
Is it possible to customise a Apple laptop with the track point ball in the middle of the keyboard like the ones on the IBM laptops… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Thinkpad with a trackpoint (joystick) system and no
I have a Thinkpad with a trackpoint (joystick) system and no touch pad. Recently I plugged in an external mouse and immediately the scrolling function (activated by the center button) stopped working … read more
Aastan
Aastan
Business Owner,
I have an older (maybe 3-4 years old) IBM Thinkpad. Am running
I have an older (maybe 3-4 years old) IBM Thinkpad. Am running Windows 7 OS. The cursor/pointer runs very quickly to the top of any page that I'm reading and I am unable to click on mail that I'd like… read more
Julio
Julio
The power cord for my IBM thinkpad was severed about 6 months
The power cord for my IBM thinkpad was severed about 6 months ago. I just replaced the cord and in this time frame, I have forgotten the password XXXXX prompts at boot up. Windows XP professional is t… read more
Brett Philp
Brett Philp
IT Architect,
I have a IBM Thinkpad T30, type 2366-86U, and I purchased a
I have a IBM Thinkpad T30, type 2366-86U, and I purchased a new cooling fan due to ocasional fan errors on system start up and need tips to access and replace.… read more
David L
David L
Hello I am writing from the UK. My wife has an IBM Thinkpad
Hello I am writing from the UK. My wife has an IBM Thinkpad and of late the screen has periodically started to just go blank (cannot see anything) but the computer still keeps running. She reboots the… read more
I have an IBM Thinkpad model R51. It is on an alternate functi
I have an IBM Thinkpad model R51. It is on an alternate function that I hadn't ever noticed before, and I need to find out how to get it back to normal mode. There is a numeric keypad associated with … read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
Stop searching for answers—
ibm thinkpad x31 serial no 99-5W6W9 0502 type 2672-P11 with
ibm thinkpad x31 serial no 99-5W6W9 0502 type 2672-P11 with locked out hard drive, on start up ibm welcome screen appears then goes blank followed by a symbol shaped like little can with a tapered top… read more
Peter
Peter
Hi, 2 days ago I dropped water on my laptop keyboard (Lenovo
Hi, 2 days ago I dropped water on my laptop keyboard (Lenovo X60 Thinkpad). After emptying out some of the water and drying it for a couple of days I switched it on. But when I switched it on, there a… read more
Michael Johanson
Michael Johanson
Owner,
have an ibm thinkpad, A21m, its my daughters, she never uses
have an ibm thinkpad, A21m, it's my daughters, she never uses it. Its been charging for hours, battery light is on and solid green, when i push on/off nothing happens. how do i find out if the monitor… read more
Support Technician,
hi,I have an IBM thinkpad 600e,batterys fine I can only get
hi,I have an IBM thinkpad 600e,battery's fine I can only get in on safemode meaning programs don't work how can I do a destructive recovery so basic info is loaded? I don't have disks of any kind.tank… read more
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Project Lead,
A new IBM ThinkPad is connected to Epson projector. How do
A new IBM ThinkPad is connected to Epson projector. How do I turn the laptop display on in addition to the projection?… read more
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben
Software Engineer,
I just recently purchased a Loaded IBM Thinkpad Laptop ...
I just recently purchased a Loaded IBM Thinkpad Laptop Computer Notebook off of Ebay and it came with no directions and I have no idea how to use it please HELP!!… read more
Rita
Rita
System Administrator,