How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jessica Yazbek Your Own Question
Jessica Yazbek
Jessica Yazbek, Web Developer
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 1
Experience:  10 years experience as a Web Developer and Macintosh IT support expert
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Jessica Yazbek is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i scan my bank statement to my computer, how can i ...

Customer Question

if i scan my bank statement to my computer, how can i change the existing numbers so when i print it out it won't look like i withdrew as much $ as i really did? i have an iBook G4.i want my balance to show its more than it really is.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jessica Yazbek replied 10 years ago.
If you have the image scanned in, you should use an image editing application such as Photoshop or GIMP to edit the image. If the page background is white, I would simply paintbrush over the numbers in white and then retype the new numbers in a font that matches the rest of the page.
Expert:  Jessica Yazbek replied 10 years ago.
After re-reading your question, I want to add some more info to my reply.

It looks as though you have tried some OCR (optical character reader) software to scan in the text. I would scan the document in as an image rather than text. If you don't have Photoshop, you can get GIMP, a free program similar to Photoshop, here:

From there, it should be fairly easy to edit your document so that it looks authentic when printed.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
1-what is GIMP?
2- is photoshop elements 4.0 ok?
Expert:  Jessica Yazbek replied 10 years ago.
Please see my recent reply for a description of GIMP. I am not familiar with Photoshop Elements, but if it has a paintbrush tool and a text tool, it should work just fine.