how do i download images from a jvc digital hard disk

i have the usb cable...
i have the usb cable, but can find no menu or promts to open image files on my computer...
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2006
Yathi
Yathi, Computer Support Specialist

Greetings!

JVC digital camcorder of built in digital storage hard disk has the option of connecting your PC with two types of interfacing .

1)S-Video- out

2) USB..

Obviously the USB interfacing is very easy and you can transfer the Video or images to PC of USB 2.0 Cmpatible via a USB cable.The JVC storage will be identified by the operating system as an extended storage. The stored image your Camcorder can be transfered simply dragging and placing at the location in the hard disk of computer you desired.The JLIP updated drivers are required to have the connectivity and the sources of those drivers been given by the JVC in the site and presenting here

Q. Can I use my JVC digital video camera with supplied JLIP Video Capture/Video Producer software and USB drivers on Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP?A.

Our first Digital Video Cameras, supplied with JLIP Video Capture (to capture still images from tape to PC), JLIP Video Producer (computer controlled editing between camera and video recorder) and Picture Navigator (still image transfer from cameras with memory card to PC) were supplied with software for Windows® 3.1, 95 and 98. Some of the later versions of this software worked with Windows® ME but not Windows® NT. We now have a Web Site where you can download newer versions of JLIP Video Capture, JLIP Video Producer as well as an update for Picture Navigator to work with Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP. The Web Site address is as follows:

www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/download/index-e.html

There is also a compatibility list available on our Japanese Web Site which will tell you if your version of the supplied software will work under Windows® XP. This Web Site also has information relating to using the USB drivers for some of our cameras on Windows® XP. The Web Site address is:

www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/download/camcorder/about_winxp.html

As a final note, the USB drivers for our cameras do not work with Windows® NT and we currently have no plans to supply USB drivers for Windows® NT. All current models of JVC MiniDV and Everio camcorders will work satisfactorily with Windows® XP

For further clarification you can refer the below JVC suuport site

http://www.jvc.co.uk/knowledge-list.php?id=4#7

I hope the above information helps and anticipating your acceptance.Please leave a possitive feed back and any bonus is appreciated.

Regards

Yathisekhar

I hope the above information helps you in getting the solution. Anticipating your accept eagerly. Please leave a positive feed back and any bonus is appreciated.

Regards

Yathisekhar

Yathi
Yathi, Computer Support Specialist