George
George, Consultant
Experience:  20 years in the computer industry.
2705909

How do I search hard drive for Porn

No Comment Added
Category: Computer
Expert:  George replied 10 years ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to Just Answer.
I am responding with a brief suggestion that will require some effort on your part.

First, open a windows browser (click on My Computer or My Documents).

Next, click on "Search".

In the search window type this: *.jpg
This will search the hard drive for all JPEG files (typically pictures). After the search completes, you can select the files shown and view the individual files.

The "*" indicates to the search effort that you are looking for any wording or string of characters. The ".jpg" indicates to the search effort that you are looking for all JPEG files.

The other file types to search on are as follows:

bitmaps (.bmp)
Tag image file (.tif)
PIC (.pic)
Compuserve GIF (.gif)
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Guru LaRue's Post: I found no porn pics , how do u look up porn sites on the hard drive?
Expert:  George replied 10 years ago.
I apologize for my late response.

There are a number of options for searching history and usage on the computer. However, I would like to stop and address the deeper issue for a moment. If you are doing this to incriminate someone, I suggest the following: As a parent, you should attend counseling with your child (preferably, spiritually oriented to your own church and beliefs). If you are a spouse, you should communicate how this behavior is hurting you and the person performing in the porn industry. As noted above, counseling is recommended.

Here are some tips for viewing internet usage and document usage history:
Go to the main drive on the computer (usually “C:”) You can get there by double-clicking on “My Computer” or opening “My Documents” and then navigating to the C: drive. Here are the paths you want to follow:

NOTE: the text “[user]” indicates the name of the user of the computer. Alternately, you can also navigate to the “All Users” folder to find the same information.

1. C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Recent
    - This will allow you to view a list of recent documents and will provide shortcuts to those documents/files. You can double-click on any of the listed files to see what that user was accessing.

2. C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\History
    - This will show a list of calendars that indicate internet and network usage. You can select any of the calendars and then select any of the underlying files and finally select the actual shortcut to the location that was viewed.