Zealot
Zealot, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  AAS Computer Networking and Systems Admin; 10+ yrs computer expert - DOS->XP; Internet Guru
1750195

can i put pictures on a cd-r disc

Customer Question

Can i put pictures from my computer on to a cd-r disc
Category: Computer
Expert:  Zealot replied 10 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe I can answer your question.

Yes you can.

Depending on the quality and size of each photo, you can fit anywhere from(NNN) NNN-NNNN pictures on one CD-R.

Depending on what version of Windows you are running, on Windows XP you can simply drag the picture files to the CDROM drive in My Computer.

When you have all the pictures you want copied to the CDROM drive, before you burn the pictures to the CD-R, make sure the total file size is not larger than the CD-R size. Open your CDROM drive using My Computer. When you see all your picture files there waiting to be burned, you can press Ctrl+A to select all the files and on the left bar will be the size in megabytes(MB). The CD-R is usually either 650MB or 700MB.

Once everything is ready to be burned to the CD-R, click the link on the left that says "Write these files to CD".

After several minutes, it should successfully finish making the CD-R with your pictures on it. To test the CD-R, stick the CD-R into any computer and view the CD-R using My Computer or some other program. If you can see your pictures, you have successfully created a Picture CD.

----------

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you again for using JustAnswer to solve your problems. Please accept the answer on JustAnswer.com, Thank you. Bonuses are greatly appreciated!

Chris Peacock
AKA Zealot