i cant get pictures on the autotrader webite. any ...

Customer Question
i cant get pictures on...
i cant get pictures on the autotrader webite. any ideas of what i can try to get them back
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Computer
Expert: Lev, Computer Software Engineer replied 11 years ago
Lev, Computer Software Engineer
Can you post the exact URL of the page and image location that is not seen? Can you post a screen? So I would track the image?
Reply to Lev's Post: its www.autotrader.co.uk. i can get all the details of the vehicles but cant get any of the pictures to go with them. its only been like this for a few weeks. i had pictures before tat

This is an image from the page you provided.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/editorial_images/non_imported/volkswagen_eos_rdax_93x62_75.jpg

Please click on the link - can you see the image? Can you see the same image on the page?

Reply to Lev's Post: yes mate i can see that picture.
can you see the same image on th epage you provided?
Reply to Lev's Post: sorry mate i cant

So if you click on the link - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

the same picture is not on the page?

What type of internet connection do you have?

Reply to Lev's Post: sorry for the wait man, had to get some kip.
no it wasnt there on the five pages of motors that came up. ive got bt broadband

Because you may see the image by itself - the image is not blocked. You have a nice connection - so it is not a download problem. I suspect that temporary files are displayed instead of actual images.

I would suggest you to clean cach. On your browser go to menu Tools->Internet Options. There are three places to clean:

• On the General Tab click Delete Cookies. Click OK on confirmation message etc

• Click on Delete Files. Ckech to delete all offline context. OK etc

• Click on Clear History. Click Yes on confirmation page. etc

Close all browsers. Open again and click on the link - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

Let me know if this help, otherwise we would work out other direction.

Reply to Lev's Post: i've tried that mate but still no joy

One more try. On your browser go to menu Tools->Internet Options. On the General Tab in Temporary Inrernet Files click Setting.

select Check for Newer Version of stored page every visit to the page:

Close all browsers and give a try.

Reply to Lev's Post: sorry mate that hasnt worked either. sorry for the delay

Verify that Show Pictures has not been turned off in Internet Explorer:

• On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

• Click the Advanced tab, and then verify that the Show Pictures check box is selected under Multimedia.

• Click OK.

Let give another try...

Lev
Lev, Computer Software Engineer
Reply to Lev's Post: still no joy my man. they are all on
Relist: No answer yet.

Make sure scripting, ActiveX controls, cookies, and Java applets are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click the Security tab, and then click Default Level (if it is available) for the zone which contains the Web page (for example, Internet).

If you are using Internet Explorer 6, click the Privacy tab, and then click Default (if it is available).

Also verify that this site is not listed in teh Restricted Sites.

Are you are using a third-party Internet security, firewall, or cookie blocking program?
Reply to Lev's Post: still no joy mate. the security im using is McAfee security
can you disable McAfee security for some time and give a try?
Reply to Lev's Post: the problem started when i had my old security which was norton. does that help at all?

It may cause the problem. What we fould out at the begining - the image itself is displayed, but as a part of page - is not. If you are using a third-party Internet security, firewall, or cookie blocking program, they may block scripting, ActiveX controls, cookies, Java applets, advertisements, and HTTP referral information. For instance, if you have Norton Internet Security (NIS) or Norton Personal Firewall (NPF) installed, see the following Symantec Corporation Web sites for additional information about the various settings in these products that might cause this behavior:

Lev
Lev, Computer Software Engineer