Ask Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert Y...
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert, One of JA's top 10 Computer Experts
Experience:  One of The Highest ranked Computer Expert on Just Answer in Accepts, Visit my Profile & Feedback
283538

I have a 5 year old computer which does not have a USB port ...

I have a 5 year old computer which does not have a USB port or a ps/2 port for a mouse. It uses a serial mouse and now the mouse needs to be replaced. Which would be the best way to replace it since I know it is hard to find new serial mice? Should I upgrade and put in a new ps/2 or USB port?? Or try to find a serial mouse?
This is what I would do, Go to Best Buy, and buy a 4 port USB card, Have Best Buy put it in for about $20. Then buy a USB Mouse and Keyboard. This should solve your problem. You will have to take the computer box with you.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Michael L's Post: Well the nearest Best Buy is about 5 hours away so I will try to find a different store and install it myself. I have installed other cards on my computer before. Thank you for validating what I was thinking all along.
your welcome