Nilesh
Nilesh, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert
108438151

I'm new to python coding. I've written some code into my

Customer Question

Hi, I'm new to python coding. I've written some code into my console and my test button has disappeared. My only option is to add configuration to run the program. I can't figure out what I did to make the automatic configurations go away and I don't know how to reconfigure the test button.
JA: Have you begun working on a solution? What Python code do you have so far?
Customer: I was trying to import the pygame download and realized that my windows wouldn't run it as easily as a mac. Then I started a new file with just some print text and the button for running it has disappeared.
JA: What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?
Customer: I just want to be able to run my tests on my python console. I am on my own time.
JA: Anything else you want the Programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all for right now, thanks!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.
My Name is***** will do my best to help you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Are you ready to start?
Thanks Again,

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Andy! Hope you are well. And yes I am ready to figure this out.

What OS and Compiler are you using?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm using a windows 10 pro on a surface laptop and PyCharm community compiler.

Let me opt out

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Nilesh replied 10 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question and Answer site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today!

Kindly let me know what issue you are facing in running your code.

Expert:  Nilesh replied 3 days ago.

Kindly follow below steps to configure your Pycharm.

Create a run/debug configuration

1. Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog in one of the following ways:

• Select Run | Edit Configurations from the main menu.

• With the Navigation bar visible (View | Appearance | Navigation Bar), choose Edit Configurations from the run/debug configuration selector.

• Press Shift+Alt+F10, then press 0 or select the configuration from the popup and press F4.

2. In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog, click on the toolbar or press Alt+Insert. The list shows the default run/debug configurations. Select the desired configuration type.

The fields that appear in the right-hand pane display the default settings for the selected configuration type.

To change the settings of a default run/debug configuration, expand the Templates node, select the desired configuration type, and modify it as required. See Change templates of run/debug configurations for details.

3. For a new run/debug configuration:

To use an existing configuration as a template, create its copy by clicking the Copy button on the toolbar, then change it as required.

• Specify its name in the Name field. This name will be shown in the list of the available run/debug configurations.

• Select Allow parallel run to launch a run configuration multiple times in parallel instead of rerunning it. Each runner will start in its own tab of the Run Tool Window or Debug Tool Window.

4. In the Configuration tab:
    • From the Script path/Module name list select a type of target to run. Then, in the corresponding field, specify the path to the Python script or the module name to be executed.

• Specify Parameters to be passes to the Python script during the execution or add one of the available macros.

• Specify the Python interpreter.

• If needed, specify Python environment variables.

5. In the Before launch section, define whether you want to execute some tools or scripts prior to launching the run/debug configuration.

6. In the Execution section, you can select a method to run the script (Emulate terminal in output console or Run with Python console). If needed, enable redirecting data from a text file to standard input (Redirect input from).

7. Specify additional parameters depending on the configuration type. For descriptions of run/debug configuration parameters, refer to the Run/debug configurations dialog section.

8. Apply the changes and close the dialog.

Thank You!

Nilesh