Hema Malini
Hema Malini, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Sr Software Engineer at Liquidhub
102909236

Please how do I open a local txt file from atom editor, the

Customer Question

Hello. Please how do I open a local txt file from atom editor, the error message is " file does not exist" . I have the file saved in my windows. I used this command : fname= open( " filename.txt")
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: Python
JA: Have you tried the Repair option, found through Windows' Control Panel? (If that option isn't showing up, the Microsoft Office Expert can help find it in a moment.)
Customer: What is repair option. I am new to programming .
JA: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's ok for now
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is Rafi. I am happy to be assisting you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I didn't get any answer
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

Sorry I was under the impression your trying to open a text file correct?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No just tell me what I need to do
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

Sorry now I understand your issue.

1. Press alt-w to open the currently open file in its default application.

2. Right-click an item in the tree view (or open the context menu on an item in the tree view) and select Open File to open the currently open file in its default application.

3. Right-click an item in the text editor (or open the context menu on an open editor) and select Open File to open the currently open file in its default application.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This didn't work, I am trying to open a text file saved on my windows. I am using an atom editor to write a python code. The code is to open the txt file. It says the file does not exist
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I configure my atom editor to access files and open the files saved in my local computer.
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

To be fair to you, I will opt out of this question which will open the question up to all the experts who will see it and then be able to reply to you. Another expert may have more experience with your particular problem than I do.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am yet to get an answer, please answer me. Thanks
Expert:  Hema Malini replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.
I am Hema, here to help with your question
To make sure I don't miss anything, Please give me a minute to review your question.

Modify your statement to use full file path like

fname= open( " filename.txt")

to

fname= open( "C:/somedir/filename.txt")

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks it workef
Expert:  Hema Malini replied 12 days ago.

You are Welcome!