Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Im having trouble with countif formula not counting all the…

Customer Question
Im having trouble with...

Im having trouble with countif formula not counting all the information in the range.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

Im not coding, Im working in Excel.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Not sure. I have Office 365 for Mac installed

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

Everything I know how to do. I have retyped the dat, and have retyped the formulas.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

This is what I am using: countif(e6:e28),"x"

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Programming
no.
3/29/2018
Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 2 months ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Hi, would you be able to upload your spreadsheet so I may have a look?

For example, via wikisend.com

I dont have wikisend. Can I just cut and paste the Excel file here?
I dont want to spend money on this.
=COUNTIF(E6:E28,"x") this is the formula im using but it is not counting all stances, It is off by at least one and sometimes by as many as 4.
typo: instances

wikisend.com is just a web site, you use it via your browser (e.g. Safari on a mac).

You can try to attach here with the paper clip, but I'm not sure if it allows that file type.

Also, please realize this is not a free site, you are expected to pay for the services provided.

Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Programmer

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I take a look at the document in question?

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"