Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am trying to use Excel to log addresses. I eventually want…

I am trying to...

I am trying to use Excel to log addresses. I eventually want tolearn to address labels.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Right now I don't know how to type in the name of my columns

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

Not much. I have the screen in front of me and can type in names etc. but I cannot figure how to type in a name of a colum. I used another program where that was easier

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I also want to know how to set up the Excel to print labels. I am a slow learner on tech issues.

3/22/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

sounds like you are interested in some tutoring

i will assume you don't know how to do anything at all.

I assume you have both excel and word on the computer.

I need to send out a 100+mailing letters I need to have labels on them I can type names and addresses in each cell but want to log it correctly so as not to waste time. Then I want to know how to command computer to mail merge to print labels. I am not very skilled..
How long will this take?

depends on your learning ability, I bill at 75 per 1/2 hour, and I would want to allow at least an hour for someone who has not done it before.

I am sorry. I may be interested but am running out of time today. I would also need more immediate response. I will try again later. Good day.

ok

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is***** can help you setup the mail labels. Looks like you are trying to print labels using mailmerge. The best way to do that would be to use Microsoft Word. I will send you a template of the mailmerge shortly, which will be pre-set and ready to print on labels. All you have to do is type in the names and address or anyother fields you like.

I can also remotely assist you, kindly advise a time that works for you?

Thanks

Waiting for your response to continue. Thanks

Ameen