Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Is it possible to use some sort of visual basic coding

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to use some sort of visual basic coding button to move multiple rows of data from one excel sheet into another excel sheet that is already set up in specific columns, for instance if I had many values in one table giving to me by a coworker is it possible to import them into my own excel document without copying and pasting them?

Technician's Assistant: Have you begun working on a solution? What Visual Basic code do you have so far?

Yes, I don't really have a knowledge of Visual basic that well I was just wondering if that is the correct way to move the data, so then I don't waste time researching on how to do that or if I should use a different path to achieve moving the data.

Technician's Assistant: What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?

Just to be able to move the data from one excel doc to another, and each sheet has their own specific table formats. No deadline was just curious.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

No, i dont believe so. thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Programming
3/22/2018
Programmer: Richard, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Richard, Consultant

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Yes this is possible, is it doing it for all the data in the sheet or based on a criteria?

ok, yes just a small amount of data
No, thats ok, I was just curious what sort code I would use to achieve doing the data movement

Can you attach the file here with the two sheets and tell me from which on it copies from and to?

I can then do the code for you

give me a minute to send them, thank you

thanks

I was trying to understand how to move the rows mes.item, upper limit, lower limit, and in the statistics values row 60 measuremnt values into the rows A13-45,B13-45 and C13-45 please possibly using just a single button?

and where do they get moved to?

the mes.item, upper limit, lower limit, and in the statistics values row 60 D60-AF60 measurement values from document 222222, i would like to move into the document excel sheet 1 into rows Char., dimensions min, dimensions max A-C 13-45.
The reason being is the excel sheet 222222 comes from a measuring machine that does not allow the editing of the spreadsheet format so I have to move it into the required format in the excel sheet 1 format and I thought possibly code could do it?

This is done

You copy the data to Sheet 4 then press the button for it to do it

you can see it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hnn7xqxqqi5inh/excel_sheet_1.xlsm?dl=0

Let me know how you go please

ok I will thank you sir

Thank you

Could you resend the link please, it says that it cannot be reached
also why did i get charged 56 more dollars? I thought it was only 5 dollars

I send it here

You need to download it to your computer then run it

did this cost 56 dollars for you to do this?

It cost the amount you agreed to for the question, I receive a part of this if I receive a positive rating.

Did you now run the code?

No I didn't agree to 56+5 it said only 5 dollars?
Can you just refund me, im sorry for taking your time i cannot afford to pay that amount of money for this.

That is the cost of the service.... it is disappointing now I did the work for you and you have the file you now are asking about this, it was shown when you created the question to you...

But I believe I see what is happening here, and now you have the file and work done for you, you can contact customer service and request a refund. This will allow you to get your money back so you do not need to pay me for the work I did for you.

I'm sorry I really honestly did not see that.

You now know how to get your money back now you have the file you needed from me.

I just got on my bank account because my boss needs my bank information
I won't use i promise that is dishonest, my bad sir im a dumb 22 year old in college

yes, I told you how to get your money back now you have the work done. There is no need for further discussion.

ok my apologies