Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Can you help me quick on an excel formula. Im using google…

Hello can you help...

Hello can you help me quick on an excel formula

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Im using google doc excel

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

I'm trying to transfer a Team name from one sheet to another from a range of 4 teams. after another column determines the ranking.

3/20/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send an example file of what you are trying to do??

no file its a spreedsheet on googl docs excel

can you send a google sheets link then so I can see what you are trying to do?

I need the formula to transfer the data of the winning team to a new cell on the second sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v5x9ZxUc4trJXnV34wbUmbDsyMDc5nqCh6RULkLPtQw/edit#gid=366946124
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v5x9ZxUc4trJXnV34wbUmbDsyMDc5nqCh6RULkLPtQw/edit#gid=1815310345
the second link is the sheet that will have the ranking while the first link is where I need the name of the team to move over after the ranking is completed in Columns G

need permission to view

i need your email

i already sent the requests via the links you sent

you should see it

yes, i can see the 2 links now,

can u chat with me on Googl docs

im looking at it now

so you want the name of the team with the highest ranking, that being the highest number from the column?, to be transfered, and which cell in the first sheet should the name go in?

the new ranking will be in column G5:G8

got it, will take me a few minutes to make the formula

for some reason I dont have the ability to edit

ok, i guess i didnt know you need to edit you mention view.
you should be good to edit now sorry

just added to a random cell H13 for now, but you can move it if you want

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

*** REMEMBER TO APPLY BONUS, THIS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AS IT IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING ***

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

how does it carry over by ranking
all 4 teams will be on the 16 Bracket sheet

well you said you just wanted to team with the highest value.

Did you need the others as well to go into specific cells?

all the teams in B5:B8 will have to follow in its respected potions on 16u Bracket Pool A1,A2,A3,A4

so A1 would get the lowest of the 4, A2 the second lowest and so on?

but A1 is the highest ranking which is #1 and that ranking is in Column G5:G8
A2 gets 2, A3 gets 3, A4 gets 4th.

ok got it

wait 1 is the highest and 4 is the lowest

so the lower the number the higher the rank, which is the oposit of what we would think mathamatically

ok, yes, but 1st place ranking is the lowest number like golf

i think i finally got it

double check to make sure I got it in the right order

standby as I change the ranking on the spring 16
great one last question in ranking G column
How can the ranking go by priority from columns c before it calculated in to column e

afraid I dont understand the question

The rank formula is using column H i thought

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
I guess I'm just overthinking it.
i guess I wanted the place column to make the ranking altered but Its doing it it self
Thanks for you help today