Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have a Workbook with 9 Sheets Each Sheet has 4 columns of…

Customer Question
I have a Workbook...

I have a Workbook with 9 Sheets
Each Sheet has 4 columns of data:
Column A: Login (Time Stamp of User login)
Column B: User (Name)
Column C: Team (Department Name)
Column D: Week (Week Name ie. Week 1)Each Sheet represents a department.
Can the below be obtained using a formula?
1. Total Number of Logins per user for a defined Week, separately for each department (worksheet name provides department name)
instructions on how to display in Bar Graph
2. Total Number of Logins by Department regardless of User Name by Week Name
instructions on how to display in Bar Graph and/or Pie Chart
3. Company Wide Data to show what departments have the most logins based on the average of the department head count.
instructions on how to display using a Bar Graph and Pie Chart, to show what department is in the system the most, but this does need to take into account the average headcount for the department.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

No just an excel formula I think will do it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Its up to date using 2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

I am a beginner and just need more advanced count if function and averages with bar chart and/or pie charts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No i have the needs outlined and a sample file

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Programming
here is the file to work with
3/20/2018
Programmer: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 4 months ago
Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator

In order to get the totals you would have to group by the fields and get the totals as group subtotals.

You would create a pivot table as described in detail (with different data columns of course) at

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/group-or-ungroup-data-in-a-pivottable-c9d1ddd0-6580-47d1-82bc-c84a5a340725

Please let me know if thiis was helpful to you.

I know Excel is tough at the beginning and it requires practice to learn all the different features.

But I always had great fun with it.

Thank You

Michael

For $55 charged do you not just update the file and send it back ?I used my personal payment for a work sssigmment to get it done quick and not having the knowledge. Can you at least do the first two requirements?
I created groups by column D ? Correct?

Sorry I didnt see the attachment and did not realize that you want me to fill in the information.

I did an example for the Commercial Lines sheet. The sheets are different. They do not have a column with the count. You can see the concept here. You go to Insert and click on PivotChart and Table, select the range of the data and the destination (upper left corner off range) then i a sidebar will appear where you can add columns to the Pivottable. You may then select different data for the selected columns. This might not be what you want so please let me know what I should change.

I created a VBA solution for your project. You eed to rename the attached file extension to xlsm. It contains four additional sheets.

1. Start: It has a button to create the report tables

Master: Master sheet contains all records copied form the different sheets.

ByWeek: Count for the logins slectable by Week(s)

ByUser: Login count slectable by user(s)

ByTeam: Login count selectable by Team(s)

I did not do charts yet wanted to know first if that is what you wanted.

I will generate the report for any data in your team sheets.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Michael

Sorry correction:

It will generate the report for any data in your team sheets.

instead of

Programmer: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago

I am just following up to see what the status is for your issue.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank You and have a phantastic day!

Michael