Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I created a project in Visual Studio, I then built my

I created a project...

I created a project in Visual Studio, I then built my release, the my release program works, but my video files won't play on other computers from my release project, how can I link my video files in my release folder to work on other computers?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Visual Studio?

I'am using Visual Studio 2015

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Visual Studio?

I've tried making video files public

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Project works fine on Host computer used to create my project, I built project and saved it on my 128 gig zip drive, my video files keep looking for the path to my D drive when I copy release folder to other computers

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Hi, perhaps I can help you with this, but it would be best if I could review your actual code.

Could you copy the whole project (solution folder) to a compressed folder (zip file) and attach it here (paper clip) or upload to a site like wikisend?

If that's not possible, could you send the compiled executable (i.e. what you're copying to other computers) so I could examine it?
Thanks,

Ingo U

PS An easy file sharing site to use is wikisend.com.
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID (a 6-digit number) or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.

I agree to let You can Securely connect

Sorry, I am unable to do the live connect service.

When he is available, I will be here to computer working. Thank You

It would have to be this afternoon, if you can wait.

what time this afternoon?
What time this afternoon?

How about now? Or soon?

Are you available now

I am now. 5pm

Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
ok
I'am online now

OK, clicked accept offer, but it didn't take me to a link to connect... let me look into what I'm supposed to do

Try this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=69f0a0e2-2e27-472c-8694-e71df18bbe9b

it looks like my end is ready, the instructions said to send you the URL above which you would paste in your browser to connect.

It also said as a backup you can use the Java client URL:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=69f0a0e2-2e27-472c-8694-e71df18bbe9b&Type=Java

I can see some messages from the ScreenCOnnect app on my end that look like connection attempts, but no information that would help.

Have you tried the alternate Java URL ?

I've pasted URL in my Google Browser

I'm sorry I'm new to this tool, so I don't have any quick answers on why we're not connecting. I will try to get help from Customer Service but I have no idea how long that might take.

okay

Let's try again; I tried to create a new session - paste this into your browser:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e0ac7a08-0415-4ea2-8893-05006f2698b1

My end looks different this time, so I'm hopeful I got it right this time...

My screen still says "..waiting for your guest" - have you made any attempts?

Well, I suppose we can try again tomorrow...

Do you want to try again?

Are you still interested in getting help with this question?