Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

We have a news app and are considering creation of a

Customer Question
Facebook App but really aren't...
We have a news app and are considering creation of a Facebook App but really aren't sure why we would need one. We have a page on Facebook and have a custom URL that is our trademark. We do have an app but we aren't sure what creating a dedicated Facebook app would do for us. We've heard that some news sites started as Facebook apps, so there must be some real benefit.Instead of just creating one, I thought I would get someone's input. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 3 days by:
3/19/2018
Programmer: Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor replied 1 month ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Hello!
Do you have content available only on Facebook and not anywhere else? That could be a reason, there is also the marketing that a Facebook app could give you, localizing your Facebook advertising to your app space, linking the Facebook app to your other social media sites and app platforms. You have a website, a custom trademark, and an app. You do not have multiple links across multiple well used Internet sites that makes your search ratings higher on say, google. You are missing a large part of search engine optimization, and I am not talking about keyword density. :)
Please dont forget to accept and rate before you go!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
creating a Facebook app is going to allow me to sell ads directly on my app instead of Facebook delivering their ads on a page? How is an app going to help with search engine ratings?
Programmer: Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor replied 28 days ago

A Facebook app is going to allow you to sell ads on the app AND the Facebook ads on page. Having an app ironically provides a few more cross-links when Google goes to scan your website. You would naturally have a link to download the app, on Facebook and/or your own website. The links to download go both ways in that you can have your users of the app login with Facebook credentials, thus exposing your user base and the advertising you may want to persue.

Please dont forget to click that accept button and rate!

Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor