Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Need some help with excel. Dont know. i have the latest

Customer Question
Need some help with...

Need some help with excel

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Dont know. i have the latest version can you assist? what are your fees?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Software Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I need someone to show you how to compare a file

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Programmer: Jason Jones, Programmer replied 5 months ago
Jason Jones, Programmer

I look forward to helping you today.

How may I be of assistance today?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Hi
I need help in excel. Taken something from one file into another one. Maybe a v look up. I know nothing about excel.

Thank you for responding. I can set that up for you. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I'd prefer not given access to my laptop... what are my other options?

I understand. We can talk back and forth on this page, if you wish. Please, explain your situation to me and what you need done.

I have an excel file. In one tab i have vendors that correspond to a specific category. On a different Tab I have a flat file of vendor information and related financial information. I'd like to create a column on one tab that pulls the category correlated to each vendor
is this something you can do?

I will not be able to continue today.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

why what happen?
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

can you send an example file, that shows what you want to do?