Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I would like to add a column on the right side of my site…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to add a column on the right side of my site "Popular Posts" --how do I do that and link picture and title to post?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

Hmm, I'm not that computer savvy--I use Word Press for my site. www.mytributejournal.com

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?

Steps to add a column on right side called "Popular Posts" with pictures and titles that connect to post--sort of like a stationary v-Slider.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

Just easy steps to do this so I can change up pictures and posts in the future. Thank-you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Programming
3/11/2018
Programmer: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 1 month ago
Jeevan DSouza

First thing you need to do is install and activate Advanced WP Columns plugin. After activating the plugin, you need to go on a post or page edit screen in your WordPress dashboard. There you will notice a new “Advanced WP Columns” button in the visual editor. When you click on the button, it will bring up the Advanced WP Columns user interface.

This simple user interface allows you to easily create column layouts. You can click on the Empty button to choose from pre-made, two, three, or four columns layouts. You can also drag the Add button to the columns bar to create new columns and then adjust the column width by dragging the handles on the column bar.

To delete a column, you can drag and drop the Remove button to the column you want to remove.

You can directly add text into your columns from WP Advanced Columns user interface. It allows you to perform some basic formatting on the content inside columns. Once you are satisfied with the columns, you can click on the Add Columns button to add them into your post or page.

Advance level users can configure the plugin settings from Settings » Advanced WP Columns to use their own custom width and CSS classes for columns.

If this solves the problem, Please give me a 5-star rating

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you show screen view step by step? I'm a new user.
Programmer: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry I cannot do that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks.
Jeevan DSouza
Jeevan DSouza
Jeevan DSouza