Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

A developer created a mobile application for us - basically…

Customer Question
Hi, a developer created a...
Hi, a developer created a mobile application for us - basically wrapping our website. He sent it over but I am not sure how to open the file. This is the format. AppBox.cpgz
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Programming
3/10/2018
Programmer: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer
Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services
I am reviewing you question and will post back shortly.
Regards,
G
Please open the file with 7-zip from here: http://www.7-zip.org/ and let me know if the outcomes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a 'mobile app' a developer built that wraps around our website. The goal would be to download it onto my iPhone. If I download it to my desktop, I am not sure how I would install it on my phone for testing.

Ok thank let me just check if it cannot be done with iTunes

So after unzipping it with 7-zip in your pc, you should have a .ipa file.

You can then install it with iTunes by following the first answer here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26720764/install-ipa-with-itunes-12

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, I need to test it before submitting to iTunes for approval.
Ok. The iTunes desktop app appears to be the only way to get it to the iPhone. I’ll open it up for other experts’ opinions
George Sibiya
George Sibiya