Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am trying to make a lookup table in my mac excel 2008 and…

I am trying to...

I am trying to make a lookup table in my mac excel 2008 and can't get it to work

Technician's Assistant: If you open your Excel document and go to File -> Revert To, do you get the option to "Browse All Versions"?

Let me see

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I am new at this ---- i don't know where to find "revert to"

3/7/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send an example sheet that shows what you are trying to accomplish

I am on my way to work
Can send tomorrow morning

ok, let me know when you are ready to continue

Hi I need to make a pivot table... can you tell me how to do this? I am sorry for the dealydelay in getting back to you. How do I send you a sprad sheet to look at per your request?
I am not looking for extra help... we didn't finish the first thing i asked you

yes I can show you how to do a pivot table.

you can attach an example sheet, I believe there should be a link on your screen to send files or something to that efffect.

oh
OK I see it will send in a few min... Its not a big file... just soemthing to practice with.

remote support might be better for you so I could show you, it can be a bit tricky depending on what you want to do.

Or I could just create one as an example, and you can look it over and maybe learn from it.

here is a small file

so what do you want to do with this table? What is the goal?

I need to know how to create a pivot table

ok, well the data is not really good for a pivot table, I guess I will add some extra data so you can see how a pivot table works

ok - great thanks
I need to know how to create one...need to undstand the steps

ok, then lets set up a remote session and we will go through it together.

Is there any way to do it without paying more money?

no there would be an additional fee for remote support.

I can create the table without it, but you wanted to learn how to do it. I

If I create it for you how are you going to learn anything?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
how does it work?
I clicked on remote assistance

install teamviewer it is a free remote support application.

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer.dmg

say it is for personal use if they ask.

Once you have the software running, you would need to provide some id information

it will be on the left side of the window of the software for allow remote

ID#

and

Password

I'm on, How do I connect to you?
Can you call me instead of this emailing? (###) ###-####

cant call, but

I just need

ID#

and

Password

on the left side of teamviwer program under allow remote

688 731 6247983