Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I want to remove search items from my gmail search list the…

i want to remove search...
i want to remove search items from my gmail search list
the case is .... when i search something in gmail it shows me a list o messages, but i already deleted these messages.. now i don't want that these messages show in search result
1/14/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To delete entries from the Gmail search box:

1. Go to the search box in Gmail
  2. Type the first part of the search you want to delete
  3. When the dropdown appears with one of the options you don't want, hover over that option with your mouse
  4. An "x" will appear on the right side of that entry - click it to remove that search from your Gmail search history

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

i tried this
but its not working
i already uploaded pics... how it looks

Where did you upload the pics?

Can you attach pics here using the Attach File button?

Yes thanks...

So when you start typing in the search box and the unwanted items appear, what happens if you hover over one of them?

You seem to have clicked on the result to produce the second image... try just hovering it over, but don't click, and you should see an X appear on the right hand side of the search result. Click on the X to remove it from appearing again.

I understand your point but my problem is that there is no x sign to close it. also i tried same thing on other pc... so i am sure that this is not pc problem, i think it will help if we can delete search history or if possible,, restrict gmail to display deleted items in search
can you solve this problem???
how long i have to wait??

I use this method to remove old searches on my own gmail account and it works.

What web browser are you using?

Pete, Computer Engineer
chrome

Ok, please try this when using Chrome:

Go to https://myactivity.google.com/

Then to delete individual search items:

1. Find the item you want to delete. You can find an item a few different ways, including:
  2. On the item you want to delete, choose More Delete.
how you get 5 star rating if i haven't done it???

Did my answer work?

no
can you connect remotely??

Yes to start the remote connection, go to

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=111b6d46-80d4-4126-8796-f812aa98fdc9

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

but why i get charged before remote started???
also how you get 5 star rating without my knowledge ???

You pay a good faith deposit. Please see terms and conditions.

this 5 star also good faith deposit???

I am a user of this site just like you, for more information please see the site's terms and conditions.

what if you cannot solve this problem????

So far we have lost ten minutes talking about this.

Please see the site's terms and conditions if you need to ask those questions.

ok i am giving you remote assistance permission

Tto start the remote connection, go to

Pete, Computer Engineer