Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

VWorker01.pyw import sys; print (sys.version) n = 4; m = 2 M…

VWorker01.pyw import sys; print (sys.version) n...

VWorker01.pyw
import sys; print (sys.version)
n = 4; m = 2
M = n * [n * [0.0]]
print("show M contents: ")
print (M)
for i in iter(range(m,n)):
M[i][i] = 1.0
print ("show M contents: ")
print(M)# For context, the code above represents a step, not the last step,
# in building a matrix that I will use extensively later on.
# The matrix I want is
# [[0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0], [0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0], [0.0,0.0,1.0,0.0], [0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0]] .
# More genereally, I want a matrix that is all 0.0 except the diagonal in the
# lower-right quadrant should be 1.0 . The lower right quadrant is defined as
# Rows and columns greater than m.
#
# The code above is very wrong since it produces
# [[0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0], [0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0], [0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0], [0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0]] .
# The unix Script Output.log is shown below:
# ================================================================================
# Jan 13, 2018 at 3:46:44 PM
# ~/Desktop/LA/vWorker01.py
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 3.6.3

Anaconda, Inc.

(default, Oct 6 2017, 12:04:38)
# [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Clang 4.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_401/final)]
# show M contents:
# [[0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0]]
# show M contents:
# [[0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0]]I ask for two things:
1) Correct code that produces the matrix I want. The styl preferred is simple,
readable code, not something that shows deep and subtle Python knowledge.
The code should not require NumPy which may not be available everywhere that the
program might be run.
2) An explanation of why the correct code succeeds and why my code fails.

Technician's Assistant: Have you begun working on a solution? What Python code do you have so far?

What I have so far is at the top of my message. The message will run as a Python script.

Technician's Assistant: The Programmer will be able to walk you through that. What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?

The requirements are in the message as comments to the program. I don't have a strict deadline. I suspect hat a well-qualified programmer (better qualified than I am, for sure) could answer in a short time.

1/13/2018
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

I am working on you task and will post back

Regards,

G

You can get from here and the explanation is included

George Sibiya