Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Not able to use Word and Excel. Have not since Windows 10…

Not able to use...

Not able to use Word and Excel

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Have not since Windows 10 was installed in Jan. 2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

I have tried to update some of the forms I have on Excel

1/11/2018
Jason Jones, Programmer

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask what happens when you attempt to use Word or Excel?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Programmer
When I try to use Excel and Word, it tells me that I need to activate and since I did not do that correctly, I guess, now it says that I would not be able to use it. I can go to Word through the Trash Can, and get the programs I have and edit and print, but in Excel I cannot do this. It will not let me update anything.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 51
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Not sure how to install, and not sure which one to use. Just need to get it fixed.

I am sorry to hear about the confusion. Please, follow the instructions below.

1) Click this link: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html

2) On the page that comes up, click the ORANGE button that says, "Download". This is the button under the INSTALL (EXE) heading.

3) After you download the file, open it and install it.

4 After it is installed, click the Start button and then click the UltraViewer item in the listing.

5) Give me the ID and password ***** it shows you.

It told me that this is not secure and it removed it. What else can I do to be able to work in Word and Excel. I am getting tired of trying to get this done.

You are refusing to run the remote application. If you don't run the remote application, I cannot remotely connect and fix this for you.

How do you wish to continue?

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

Please try the fixes from here and advice if none resolves it

Regards,

G

Just talked with your Customer Care and they advised me to write you back and let you know I am ready for you to give me a solution to the problem that I cannot use Word or Excel. Thanks in advance for your help.
Just about how long will it take to get the problem fixed?

Hard to estimate, just a moment please

Please go here

Jason Jones, Programmer