Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I must have messed up something on my

Customer Question
I must have messed...

I must have messed up something on my oshaukutaoutdoors.wordpress.com site as I can't get into it. I am hoping you can help me out

Technician's Assistant: What feature of WordPress can we help you with?

I need help getting onto my site therein

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Programming
1/10/2018
Programmer: RussellA, Computer Science Teacher replied 1 month ago
RussellA
RussellA, Computer Science Teacher

Hi there, are you trying your Admin Interface for your WordPress site and you can't get access?

Your admin URL is here: https://oshaukutaoutdoors.wordpress.com/wp-admin

Follow these steps if you need to reset a forgotten password. We’ll have you back into your account in no time!

1) Visit the Lost Password page.

2) Enter your WordPress.com username or email into the text box and click Get New Password.

3) We’ll send an email to your Primary Email Address and an SMS to your SMS Number, if you specified one, to help you recover your account.

↑ Table of Contents ↑

Reset Your Password ***** Your Primary Email Address

An email will be sent to your Primary Email address that includes a password ***** link.

Click the link in your email, and you’ll be able to enter a new password.

Enter your new password, and you’ll be ready to go!

↑ Table of Contents ↑

Reset Your Password ***** Your SMS Number

We’ll send an SMS with a short code to the SMS Number you specified in your Security settings. This will come in handy in case you lose access to your Primary Email Address.

Enter this code in the text input that appears.

Finally, set a new password. You can then log in to your account using your new password.

↑ Table of Contents ↑

Assisted Account Recovery

Lost access to your primary email address, or didn’t add an SMS number for recovery? No problem! If you were unable to remember your email address or username, or need further assistance, please complete our account recovery form. We’ll prompt you for the following pieces of information:

• Account Information: If you remember your WordPress.com username or email address, enter it. If not, check I don’t know my registered email or username, and enter your blog’s web address.
  • Contact Email Address: We’ll need to contact you to help you regain access to your blog. Enter your desired contact email address here. Be sure to double-check your spelling!
  • Proof of Account Ownership: We use a variety of information to verify your account ownership. Please provide all information that you can.
    • Paypal Transaction ID: If you’ve purchased an upgrade for your blog, you can use the upgrade’s Paypal Transaction ID number to regain access to your account. You can find out how to locate a Paypal Transaction ID using this guide.
    • Activation URL or Key: When you sign up, we email you a unique activation link or key to verify your account.
    • Two-factor Authentication Codes: If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your account, you can provide a current code from your authenticator app to prove ownership.
  • Extra Details: Please enter any other information you believe to be relevant.

4) We’ll automatically contact our Happiness Engineers to help you recover account access. They’ll review your account, and contact you (via the Contact Email Address you specified) with recovery options.

↑ Table of Contents ↑

Security

Your security is very important to us at WordPress.com. You’ve dedicated a lot of time and energy to creating and building your site, and using a strong password ***** help keep your work safe. While we handle all of the necessary backups of your content, keeping your login information secure ensures that you’ll never lose control over your online accounts. The best way to do this is to use a unique strong password ***** each of your accounts. If you need help, we have a few tips available for selecting a strong password.

Please note that we rely on your account email address or transaction information to prove your account ownership. If you ever lose access to your account, we will need one of these pieces of information to help reset your password ***** prove your account ownership. For this reason, it’s important to always make sure that the email address on your account is up-to-date. You can update your email address via your Account Settings.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA
RussellA, Computer Science Teacher