Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I have two tables in a database. The first table includes…

Customer Question
I have two tables...

I have two tables in a database. The first table includes customer information including the campaign they came in on. The second includes info on the campaigns. For example, it has a column called "Category" that tells me the category or the campaign - search engine, for example. They have a column for the campaign name in common.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

I am coding in PHP querying a mysql database. The problem I have is I want to run queries where I say, add up the sales (which is in the customer info table) based on, for example, the categories that are in the second database.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I am getting an error:Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/bloginkg/public_html/stats/join2.php on line 31

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
1/5/2018
Programmer: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

I am looking at your code and will post back shortly.

Regards,

G

Please try with mysqli as follows in PHP7:

$db = mysqli_connect($host, $username, $pass, $database);
$query = "SELECT York-Main.TotalSales FROM ...";
$result = mysqli_query($db,$query);

while($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) {

}