Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

Oh sweet! I have a task that I want tackle with a script,

Customer Question
Oh sweet! I have...

Oh sweet! I have a task that I want tackle with a script, but im not sure if coding could do it.

Technician's Assistant: What programming language are you using for this assignment?

Oh, its not an assignment. I just think a code will make it a lot faster and if its possible, I'll probably hire someone

Technician's Assistant: What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?

Well, its getting data from garage band and loging it in excel sheet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

You can actually connect me?!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
taking the dynamics data onto an excel spreadsheet
12/21/2017
Programmer: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

In what format is your data currently?

Regards,

G

Maybe a midi file
GarageBand calls it “velocity”
Um? This never got resolved... a simple no would have been perfectly fine

Apologies for taking so long. I'll open it up for other experts

Programmer: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

perhaps I can help you. Would you be able to upload a sample file to a file sharing site so I can take a look?

Also, can you explain what the intention is to manipulate audio data (if that's what we're talking about) in a spreadheet? I't not immediately obvious, but hey, number are numbers...

Regards,

Ingo

PS An easy file sharing site to use is wikisend.com.
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID (a 6-digit number) or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.