Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a specific question about a REST API request I am…

Customer Question
I have a specific...

I have a specific question about a REST API request I am trying to make with an IBM webservice that I can successfully make within API testing tools, but am getting an "not authorized" error within my web application. This might be a CORS issue. Is this something you can help with?

Technician's Assistant: Which IBM product do you have?

MaaS 360

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your IBM software?

I have my own MaaS 360 account and app credentials I am testing with as well as documentation and can provide the url, post data body, header, etc... I am simply trying to request the authorization code to then receive an access token to then get information about a mobile deveice from MaaS 360

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think the most efficient information to provide would be sharing the documentation, sharing a link to where this is working with Chromes Postman and then the error I am receiving on my web application. Maybe a screenshot of the API request module configuration on my web application so they could see how I am entering the request data.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Programming
working postman collection: 2 requests: MaaS360 auth: responds with athentication token, MaaS360: uses the token to then get response:
https://www.getpostman.com/collections/2ab63cef940a0abf2c81
When trying to make the same request on my web application (DNN). I get authentication errors ( running on the server )... CORS issues when trying to run it in a browser.
in the working postman example you would have to copy the authentication code from the 1st response into the authentication header for the 2nd request
Answered in 5 days by:
12/24/2017
Programmer: syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

ATLPROG
ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer