Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

I have a problem witn Edge, It came about when Tech ad were…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem witn Edge, It came about when Tech ad were trying to gain access to my computer to install a version of windows 10 to replace my Windows 10 on my Computer which had some missing files. The result was a new tab which auto loads on opening Micro soft Edge and I am unable to delete this loading and renders Edge useless. Peter

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Edge?

I haven't updated edge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I was dealing with a firm to resolve some problems I was having

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Programming
12/16/2017
Programmer: Sheri, Expert replied 2 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-59wjloxb,

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Just to clarify, when you open the Edge browser, a tab automatically opens and you can't close it? Is this correct? If not, please describe the issue so I can help you further.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I can close it but also does Edge

Do you mean that when you close the tab, the whole browser closes? Does it open multiple tabs or just this useless tab when you open Edge?

I been there before and that is how the problem started
Just the usless tab
Just the useless tab which I cannot delete It has become a default tab

Ok. it sounds like you just need to change the homepage that Edge is opening to automatically. Below are step by step instructions on how to tell Edge what page to open to. If you would prefer remote support, I can connect to your computer for you and do this. Otherwise, just follow the steps below and let me know if you run into any issues:

1. In Microsoft Edge, tap or click the ellipsis at the top right to display the dropdown menu, then navigate down to Settings.

2. Locate the Open With area and select the option for A specific page or pages option.

3. Tap or click the dropdown menu and choose Custom.

Add websites you want to store as "home pages" in the Enter a web address box provided and then tap or click the Plus (+) sign. (this is where you type the address of the page you want to automatically open to, such as www.google.com, for example)

I will wait to hear back from you.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert