Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am an amateur, non-techie who created a website on

Customer Question
I am an amateur...

I am an amateur, non-techie who created a website on GoDaddy. I am looking for a widget that I could use to create a "Latest News" text box where I could post my own daily headlines/updates (with short text blurb) which would have a link (either to a pdf file, or another page on my site, or another website). Is there a simple widget template that I could drop into the html box, to create such a feature? I know nothing about plug-ins, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

I am working off of GoDaddy's pre-made template. How would I find out what the coding is?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

No. That's all for now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Programming
I believe that I am using Version 7 of Website Builder. I know nothing about building a site. I do not have a separate blog connected to my page. I just want to be able to put updated press releases, posts, etc. It would look something like the "Recent Events" box on this site http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/
12/15/2017
Programmer: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When can I expect to receive your response?

Sorry for the delay!

Yes, you can add RSS feeds to the website for latest news and other updates:

https://godaddy.com/help/adding-rss-feeds-7691

I think you misunderstood my question. I do not want an RSS feed. I want to post my own updates that would display headings of my own (or other stories) that would scroll and contain links. Like "News and Views" on this site https://www.thecipherbrief.com/

If you don't want to create your own RSS feed, you could add a blog link instead:

https://godaddy.com/help/adding-blog-link-or-rss-feed-8790