Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I want to data that is processed in VBA to a SubGroup to…

Customer Question
I want to data...

I want to data that is processed in VBA to a SubGroup to create a graph.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

Visual basic for Analysis

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective for this Visual Basic project?

To plot the specific data that has been sorted the spreadsheet to a SubGroup

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I'm very rudimentary in VB

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Programmer: The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

not sure what you mean by sub group, do you perhaps mean subtotals?

can you send an example file?

In VBA when you sort out data from a spread sheet you can store it in a data location we have named SubGroup(A,B,C,....)What I want to do is plot the data that is stored in a particular SubGroup. Note this VBA project was originally created in 1999. I Couldn't send the dat file that the spread sheet processes but if you look in the file 089911_10Nov2017_Trevor.xls it is one of our original files, the file 08995 Test.xls is one I made changes too to process more info and I'm using SubGroupC and SubGroupD those 2 I want to graph to an X,Y Scatter graph. the info on the data sheet is the info that has to be processed although not enough lines of data in the page. Sorry
Unfortunately I can't have you connect to my pc Company rules

still not sure what a subgroup is, i dont see any column headings for a subgroup, do you mean a named range?

No, if you open the VB in the spreadsheet you will see the programming for each sheet and two modules. In the module1 near the bottom will be what I'm referring to, specifically in 08995 test.

well I dont want to go through interpereting vba, any vba I write will be from scratch anyway.

The question I have for you is where in this sheet the data is you want to plot, the sheets and ranges ect.

I'm sorry the answer we are looking for is more complex than you are willing to get into, so I will say goodbye now.
Programmer: Steve, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Consultant

Hi there, my name is Steve.

The easiest way to plot the subgroups separately is to have the VB routine write out the subgroup for each line, and then filter out the groups you don't want in your plot. I pasted your code below and indicated where you need to add lines. This will put an A or B in Column D on the Data tab, and a C or D in Column E.

If this answers your question, please accept the answer and rate me 5. I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept the answer. If not, please chat me back and I'll get you the answer you need. Thanks!

'With Worksheets("Data")
For i = 15 To 1490
If wsdata.Cells(i, 1) > gfMeanPostion - 0.1 And wsdata.Cells(i, 1) < gfMeanPostion + 0.1 Then
If wsdata.Cells(i, 2) > gfMeanForce Then

wsdata.Cells(i,4).Value = "A" ' <-- **** INSERT THIS LINE
SubGroupA = SubGroupA + wsdata.Cells(i, 2)
countA = countA + 1
Else

' Insert the line below:

wsdata.Cells(i,4).Value = "B" ' <-- **** INSERT THIS LINE
SubGroupB = SubGroupB + wsdata.Cells(i, 2)
CountB = CountB + 1
End If
End If

Next i

... and then ...

For i = 15 To 1490
If wsdata.Cells(i, 1) > gfMeanPostion - 1.1553 And wsdata.Cells(i, 1) < gfMeanPostion + 1.1553 Then

wsdata.Cells(i,5).Value = "C" ' <-- **** INSERT THIS LINE
SubGroupC = SubGroupC + wsdata.Cells(i, 2) + wsdata.Cells(i, 1)
countC = countC + 1
Else

wsdata.Cells(i,5).Value = "D" ' <-- **** INSERT THIS LINE
SubGroupD = SubGroupD + wsdata.Cells(i, 2) + wsdata.Cells(i, 1)
CountD = CountD + 1
End If
End If
Next i

Steve
Steve
Steve, Consultant