Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I’m in dire need of assistance. I had posted a question on…

Customer Question
I’m in dire need of...
I’m in dire need of assistance. I had posted a question on here last week, and the “expert” was terminated before having the chance to finish my code. I'm back to square one.This is pretty urgent, and I’ve re-written the instructions to be as cut-and-dry as possible so hopefully someone can help me ASAP.What I need is this:A C++ program for Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering.
Preferably coded with C++ 11, but g++ -std=c++0x is used for all compiled code on both a MacBook and via a Linux environment.What the nutshell criteria is:
Two distances need to be defined: the distance between the objects that are being clustered, and the distance between the clusters
Computing distances need to be computed as the standard Euclidean Distance, computed as the distance between their centroid clusters, in a 4-dimensional spaceNOTE: Begin with a cluster that contains a single vector and successively add vectors to it one by one, the centroid computation is simplified if kept as a running sum for each coordinate over all cluster elements, as well as the total number of elements in the cluster. The centroid for the updated cluster can then be computed by dividing the running sum for each coordinate by the number of elements in the cluster.NOTE: The output file has 2 parts to itAbsolute must-have:
* Read a set of real-valued vectors from standard input
* Take the number of clusters K as a command-line argument
* Cluster the input vectors into K clusters
* Print out the resulting set of clusters to standard output
* The algorithm needs to be efficient and not recomputed the distances between the clusters for which have been computed previouslyExample: $ cat input.txt | programname 2 > output.txt
(where 3 is K, the number of clusters the list of values are converted into)Standard Necessities:
* Error messages for command line argument not having an integer
* Errors with input/output of text file
* Errors with data in the input file
* Data read from input.txt prints to screen
* Data in the output.txt prints to screenInput.txt Example:
------------------
10.1 23.1 4.9 56.84
1.2 23.4 4.2 5.35
2.5 67.4 5.6 34.9
11.32 2.1 4.12 15.3
------------------Output.txt example from above input data ~ Part 1
-----------------
cluster # 1
11.32, 2.1, 4.12, 15.3
1.2, 23.4, 4.2, 5.35
10.1, 23.1, 4.9, 56.84
cluster # 2
2.5 67.4 5.6 34.9
------------------Part 2 of the output file is a “history of merges” ~ the distance computation between objects remains the same, but the distance between clusters will be computed as the average of all pairwise distances between the elements of the two clusters.Output.txt example from the input data ~ Part 2
------------------
Merging: cluster: [[11.32 2.1 4.12 15.3]]
cluster: [[1.2 23.4 4.2 5.35]]
Merging: cluster: [[1.2 23.4 4.2 5.35], [11.32 2.1 4.12 15.3]]
cluster: [[10.1 23.1 4.9 56.84]]Resulting clusters:
cluster: [[2.5 67.4 5.6 34.9]]
cluster: [[10.1 23.1 4.9 56.84], [1.2 23.4 4.2 5.35], [11.32 2.1 4.12 15.3]]
------------------
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Programming
12/5/2017
Programmer: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Hi Kris :)
Are you replying to this to help with the C++ code, or no? You response has me a bit confused.